overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 281   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53/5   IBU: 93   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Oasis is a Double ESB/IPAish beer that came about from playing around with one of Jeff’s favorite homebrew recipes. Here at Tallgrass we love malt and we love hops, and this beer has both of them in record quantities; well, at least records for our baby brewery. At a hefty 7.2% ABV and 93 IBU, Oasis is a big beer that has to be priced a bit higher than our regular line of beers. We think that once you taste the over-the-top hops and surprisingly sturdy malt backbone you will realize why it’s worth it. Definitely not a fruit-extract seasonal shandy, this beer is meant to be enjoyed on the back porch, the front porch, or even on the stoop. What’s a stoop? Well, it’s a good place to drink beer, is what it is.

Gooney (389) - Portland, Oregon, USA - NOV 14, 2012
16 oz can - dark amber in color with a nice 3/4" white head. Pretty beer. Strong hop flavor with a malt background. Very good beer. Advertised as an Imperial ESB.

crowderm (382) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 23, 2013
Interesting beer, but I can’t say I loved it. Copper pour with a nice head and lacing on the glass. Aroma is slightly earthy, with some biscuit/caramel matly notes. Not a ton of hops. The flavor features some of the same biscuit malt flavor, but this is overshadowed by a tinny bitterness that I wasn’t a huge fan of. Good, but not something I would seek out again.

jlanning215 (363) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - FEB 5, 2013
Beautiful artwork. I wasn’t sure what to expect. Hoppy resin, almost bready aroma. Intense hoppiness then it mellowed. Stilled ended as a big hop bomb. But just enough malts to make me happy and wanting more. Great Job

chickenflea (351) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - OCT 9, 2013
16oz. can: Poured a brilliant clear amber with tall pillowy head. Sparkling. A beautiful beer. Aroma of multi-grain malt, orange juice and bread and coriander. Sparkling. Flavor is medium sweet. Sweetness gradually gives way to an earthy bitterness (pine mostly). Bitterness really digs in on the finish with mountainous floral qualities. Medium body that seems lighter than it is because of the high carbonation. A delight to the tongue. An interesting beer. More similar to an English IPA than an ESB. A little less raucous hops might be closer to the imperial ESB label. I liked it though.

Nellie (349) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 2, 2011
Smells like honey, hops. Tastes pretty bitter. Hops, golden raisins, pretty alcoholic, tastes like a can.

Stevesie (336) - - JUN 1, 2014
From can. Pours dark red with a fair bit of tan head. Fresh, hoppy aroma with some malt. Taste is similar, perfectly balanced with a nice kick toward the finish. Best I’ve had from Tallgrass thus far.

Gustav1996 (333) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - DEC 10, 2011
This is a solid beer. Aroma: big pine/citrus, hops mix. Taste was the same but with a solid malt backbone. Sharp bitter finish. More like a DIPA to me.

mensch (289) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - MAY 19, 2012
A little bigger than their IPA in every regard. A little darker, a little cloudier, a little stronger, a few more off flavors - smokey phenolics in addition to the butterscotch diacetyl. Still missing the hop aroma. In spite of this, it’s not a bad beer. Some nice grapefruit and sweet malt flavors, dry bitter finish. Very one-dimensional. I’d drink it again, if someone else is buying.

backdaft (286) - Menasha Red Light District, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 31, 2012
Bottle. Pours a hazy deep copper color. Nice 2 finger tanish head leaves lacing all the way down! Aroma is upfront caramel toffee malt. Taste is malty, resin-like hoppiness, and bitter grapefruit rind. A "Big" hoppy beer with a strong malt presence makes this a winner. My only wish; the hop characteristics were more pronounced in this one. I like malt too. but I like hops more!

FURLYSURIOUS (263) - Orono, Minnesota, USA - MAR 11, 2012
Pours a nice murky amber with a healthy dose of off white head that laces wonderfully. Loads of piney resinous hop presence, mixed with some mango/kiwi (?). The hops are supported by a caramely sweet bread. The taste is practically a mirror of the nose. The bitterness, though, is a bit more aggressive than I would have guessed plus a touch of burnt toast and heavy grain. This is usually the beer that I recommend to people that are looking for a Furious type experience - this analysis has me second guessing myself though. Regardless, this stuff is tasty.