overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 281   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53/5   IBU: 93   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Oasis is a Double ESB/IPAish beer that came about from playing around with one of Jeff’s favorite homebrew recipes. Here at Tallgrass we love malt and we love hops, and this beer has both of them in record quantities; well, at least records for our baby brewery. At a hefty 7.2% ABV and 93 IBU, Oasis is a big beer that has to be priced a bit higher than our regular line of beers. We think that once you taste the over-the-top hops and surprisingly sturdy malt backbone you will realize why it’s worth it. Definitely not a fruit-extract seasonal shandy, this beer is meant to be enjoyed on the back porch, the front porch, or even on the stoop. What’s a stoop? Well, it’s a good place to drink beer, is what it is.

JustDrinkIt (261) - Arizona, USA - JAN 9, 2014
Dark orange-amber color with some white head. Aroma of citrus and bitter malts. Flavor is more bitter malt and citrus rind. Best ESB I can recall... that being said, I still have no reason to drink it again. Maybe the dry hopping is what makes it a bit better to me...?

Majin (256) - West Des Moines, Iowa, USA - JUN 30, 2013
Rooftop patio in Des Moines. Works, dark amber color. Very hoppy and works great on a warm day in a cold mug. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

benfergy (248) - Valley City, North Dakota, USA - APR 27, 2011
The Oasis has a brown amber color with a substantial(but not overwhelming) head. The aroma is of strong hops, unfortunately a little soapy. Fortunately, this is not present when sipping. The taste of the beer is rather bitter, but otherwise very balanced. The beer has a good, thick body to it as well. Overall, definitely an interesting beer to try, one that I wouldn’t have expected from the can it came in!

mtjoseph (244) - Murderapolis, Minnesota, USA - AUG 31, 2010
16oz can. Pours a clean copper with almost no head in a pint glass. Floral aroma of dry hopped citrus, grapefruit, pine, and some wood. Pleasant flavor, mouth feel, and hop profile very reminiscent of Surly Furious. Dry,citrus, and hoppy profile lead into a sweet caramel malt base that is well balanced. A somewhat long, bitter finish follows. A good way to describe this beer would be the shasta equivalent to coke. AKA the Furious knockoff. Solid.

emeinz (224) - Minnesota, USA - DEC 26, 2011
Can to glass. Hazy orange/amber pour with nice off white head. Notes of grapefruity citrus on the nose as well as a bit of pine. Very bitter taste and long bitter finish. One of my go to beers.

VengefulOdin (193) - , Missouri, USA - JUN 4, 2010
16 ounce can. This is Tallgrass’s summer offering, and it’s a vast departure from what you normally consider a summer seasonal. They call it an ESB, but the hops profile pushes it into double IPA territory. Pours a deep ruby red with a gorgeous billowing head. Beer smells of hops, specifically pine. I feel like I’m in a ceder grove. Likewise, the flavor at first is hops - lots of resinous hops - but it eventually gives way to a huge malt profile lurking beneath the surface. Malts are pronounced, with a roasty caramel flavor. This is a big beer - you almost have to chew through it. Despite this it finishes quickly with a slightly bitter, almost mineral aftertaste which leaves you wanting more. Possibly my favorite of all the Tallgrass beers - I really think it would be better in the fall months as an alternative to the Oktoberfests that are on the market. Here’s hoping they start to produce it full time. Recommended.

agent_511 (159) - - AUG 2, 2012
Strong american hop aroma. Long bitter finish. Strong sparkling carbonation with moderate head. Dark gold to brown color.

MorganBaughman (149) - Long Beach, Mississippi, USA - JAN 20, 2013
We had this beer at the 2013 Tops of the Hops in Biloxi, MS. A really different beer. Caramel color, hoppy taste. Good. We’re big fans for the artwork too.

BeerBeforeH20 (129) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 5, 2011
UPDATED: APR 9, 2012 I’ve been pretty impressed by the Tallgrass line of beer, my favorite being the 8 bit pale, this beer I feel does not fully live up to the cans promise of being aggressively hopped, especially when compared to a beer I consider hopped to the max, that being Surly Furious, or Surly Abrasive. this beer however is not a bad beer by any means what so ever, great smell, great taste, and great overall appearance. Really smooth beer and balanced beer when weighing the malty and hoppy characteristics, love drinking it, but I feel it was falsely advertised!

lawman357 (125) - Missouri, USA - FEB 18, 2013
Another outstanding outing from Tallgrass Brewery. I really can’t tout our loccal/regional craft brewers enough. The other reviews and product description say it all.