overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 284   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53/5   IBU: 93   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Oasis is a Double ESB/IPAish beer that came about from playing around with one of Jeffís favorite homebrew recipes. Here at Tallgrass we love malt and we love hops, and this beer has both of them in record quantities; well, at least records for our baby brewery. At a hefty 7.2% ABV and 93 IBU, Oasis is a big beer that has to be priced a bit higher than our regular line of beers. We think that once you taste the over-the-top hops and surprisingly sturdy malt backbone you will realize why itís worth it. Definitely not a fruit-extract seasonal shandy, this beer is meant to be enjoyed on the back porch, the front porch, or even on the stoop. Whatís a stoop? Well, itís a good place to drink beer, is what it is.

snownirvana (70) - - MAR 11, 2012
Chalice. from can: A: medium aroma for an IPA, lacking from most imperials, hoppy- simcoe, goldings, slight pine, medium frothy head with slight tan color App: medium haze, yellow-amber color. T: entirely top hopped, sms dry hopped, big hoppy mouth ball, not quite balanced with malt character, hop level slightly overwhelming. P: jung but hop bite from start to finish, back and front, lengthy finish.

AlmostHome (69) - Gulfport, Mississippi, USA - APR 12, 2014
Surprised with this beer. Has a certain kick that I didn't expect. Good mix between hops and malt. Great, thick head. Dark red in color. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Eells (64) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 8, 2011
The best Tallgrass beer Iíve had by far. A good value, has a deep malt complexity. Itís interesting style makes it likely iíll get it again.

mully262 (56) - Lakeville, Minnesota, USA - OCT 2, 2013
Copper pour with an off-white froathy head. Aroma is earthy hops and malt. Taste is nice malt flavor, spicy, earthy, very tasty. Great lacing. I liked this beer.

philtom15 (54) - Kansas, USA - JAN 14, 2012
Pours a huge head, color is amber/orange. Nose is quite hoppy. Taste is of pine. A little hard to drink, causes your mouth to pucker and is too hoppy kills your taste buds.

mlmeeks (46) - Winona, Mississippi, USA - FEB 13, 2013
From can. Slight caramel aroma with some EKG like aroma and taste. Lite laces on the glass. Imperial ESB? Try it.

trail_and_ale (43) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - JAN 16, 2013
Exceptional beverage with a unique blend of hops and malt, unlike any Iíve had. Nice caramel color, uniform thick head. Tallgrass gets high marks for a complete, but not overbearing hop aroma and a biscuity finish. One of my new favorites.

bearlybrewed (41) - Colorado, USA - AUG 5, 2009
A go between of their IPA and Ale. Sort of shallow in taste, typical metallic finish, a trademark of tallgrass beer. Not worth the effort. Also, heard the few batches available were shipped outside Tallgrass hometown. Thanks Tallgrass.

hopsessed (37) - Kansas, USA - AUG 20, 2010
May be the best session beer I have ever had. Awesome balance. Great dark-chocolate type back of tongue bitterness. This is the beer that saved this brewery from being written off from me. Made me re-try and re-evaluate their lineup. Big fan. They just havenít made that "it" beer. Yet.

Gus_13 (19) - Brandon, Mississippi, USA - AUG 19, 2012
Poured from a can to a pint/shaker glass. Appearance: Dark amber/orange but hazy in color. Small head but may be due to the pour. Light head lacing and I can lightly see carbonation bubbling up through the haze. Very good looking ESB/IPA. They state it's an imperial ESB almost an IPA. Good mix between the two. Taste: Very hop forward followed by a malty finish. It isn't like and Imperial IPA in that it doesn't have much of a hop bite aftertaste. Very enjoyable. Verdict: I was very impressed overall. It fed my hop head needs while giving me the malty finish as well. I will definitely buy again and keep it on hand. Tallgrass has a couple beers I've been impressed with. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone