overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 281   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53/5   IBU: 93   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Oasis is a Double ESB/IPAish beer that came about from playing around with one of Jeff’s favorite homebrew recipes. Here at Tallgrass we love malt and we love hops, and this beer has both of them in record quantities; well, at least records for our baby brewery. At a hefty 7.2% ABV and 93 IBU, Oasis is a big beer that has to be priced a bit higher than our regular line of beers. We think that once you taste the over-the-top hops and surprisingly sturdy malt backbone you will realize why it’s worth it. Definitely not a fruit-extract seasonal shandy, this beer is meant to be enjoyed on the back porch, the front porch, or even on the stoop. What’s a stoop? Well, it’s a good place to drink beer, is what it is.

miahac (6) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - AUG 23, 2013 does not count
This is my favorite high IBU+ high alcohol beer. The cleanest 7%+ I have have experienced. I always buy the mix pack to get the Oasis with Tallgrass’s other beers for a better value. The aroma is an inviting clean spruce, and the palate full with an abrupt but bitter finish. I would give a perfect 5 over all but I have not drank every beer and must leave room for the best beer in the world.

jezmez68 (404) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - APR 23, 2011
One of the best IPAs I’ve had in a while. A good level of ABV at 7.2%, and a nice color - darker like an ESB. Nice malty backbone with lots of caramel, and the hops are citrusy and balance it out nicely.

MetalNHopHead (2182) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - DEC 30, 2013
Oasis is a pretty wild beer. Out of the can, it’s generously heady and you can see a bit of hop resin in the orange body. It has a strong malt presence with a distinct toffee flavor. There’s also a powerful, bitter hop presence. This beer has a sticky, chewy texture that contributes to a long, slightly fruity finish. Oasis is plays the bittersweet balance almost to perfection. It’s a must-have.

coltonhudy (15) - - MAY 20, 2014
Dark red with cream color head with notes of leather and caramel with malts and a blast of hops actually a sweet kick to it also this is an incredible beer

trail_and_ale (43) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - JAN 16, 2013
Exceptional beverage with a unique blend of hops and malt, unlike any I’ve had. Nice caramel color, uniform thick head. Tallgrass gets high marks for a complete, but not overbearing hop aroma and a biscuity finish. One of my new favorites.

mikedR (1561) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - APR 2, 2013
I really like this, although I'm not well acquainted with the ESB style. Dark copper pour with a perfect head. Aroma is hoppy. The taste is wonderful! Equal parts malt and hops, the latter imparting crispness without excessive bitterness. Sort of reminds me of a DIPA that is malt heavy if you will. Just an incredibly full-flavored beer, the hops ensuring that things never get boring. Highly recommended! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

VengefulOdin (193) - , Missouri, USA - JUN 4, 2010
16 ounce can. This is Tallgrass’s summer offering, and it’s a vast departure from what you normally consider a summer seasonal. They call it an ESB, but the hops profile pushes it into double IPA territory. Pours a deep ruby red with a gorgeous billowing head. Beer smells of hops, specifically pine. I feel like I’m in a ceder grove. Likewise, the flavor at first is hops - lots of resinous hops - but it eventually gives way to a huge malt profile lurking beneath the surface. Malts are pronounced, with a roasty caramel flavor. This is a big beer - you almost have to chew through it. Despite this it finishes quickly with a slightly bitter, almost mineral aftertaste which leaves you wanting more. Possibly my favorite of all the Tallgrass beers - I really think it would be better in the fall months as an alternative to the Oktoberfests that are on the market. Here’s hoping they start to produce it full time. Recommended.

DalzAle (2038) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - AUG 28, 2010
Can thanks to portableparty. Clear dark amber pour, a little carbonation and good fruity hops aroma. Flavor is mellow woody hops, some subtle grapefruit and good and balanced bitterness on the aftertaste. Was slightly dissapointed in their IPA, but this is friggin awesome.