overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Orizaba, Mexico

RATINGS: 1284   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 136   ABV: 4.55%
A Lager beer with a delicious aroma of malt and hops and a delicate balance in its subtle refreshing taste.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
StewardofGondor (1934) - Washington Heights - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 15, 2005
Metallic, dingy and detergent-esque. Not the way to go if it’s Mexican beer that you’re looking for.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - FEB 13, 2005
Served nice and cold at a restuarant, from a bottle. When cold, works well as a Budweiser tastes on a good day. Touches of delicousness, and slightly jaw dropping niceness. Works well with the Mexican/Tejas food, I agree. Other than that, unremarkable.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Garbbled (24) - Oregon, USA - FEB 12, 2005
Tecate is a Mexican beer. If your idea of Mexico is Tropical beaches and beautiful Latinas, steer clear of this beer. On the other hand, if your idea of Mexico is abject poverty, donkey meat sold on street corners, and food that will give you the runs for weeks, then this is the Mexican beer for you!!

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - FEB 10, 2005
Why am I rating this beer? It has a watery yellow body and a foamy white head that dissolves within seconds. It smells like corn sugar and tastes like malt flavored water hints of hops and dextrose thrown in. Overall, it’s a lousy beer. So why am I rating it? I don’t know what it is about this beer but I have to admit that when I tried it with some spicy Indian food I thought it was pretty damn good. Without the food, it kind of sucked. I don’t know, I guess I’d try it again if I had to. Of course I can’t see why I’d ever really have to.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
TheReptilian (13) - Burley, Idaho, USA - JAN 31, 2005
Tecate, for the price, is not too bad. It is not skunky, like other mexican beers. But, it is definitely still piss. Mexicans cant make good beer. Not even Negro Modelo is good.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Maximus55 (40) - California, USA - JAN 27, 2005
This stuff is pretty good, very light, kinda like corona beers, it’s a Mexican beer, and is especially delicious on a hot day

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Kåstå (1273) - Mol, BELGIUM - JAN 24, 2005
Blond beer with a small head served with a slice of lime.Rather weak aroma and taste. It has a carbonated light bitter palate. Even though the lime destroyed the evaluation to some extent I think it improved the beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 20, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 23, 2005 Another really light Mexican beer. Right up front I gotta tell you I’m jacking the rating up a little, because, I guess, I have consumed so many cans of this stuff, in such pleasant circumstances, while enjoying such spicy food, and so many good friends, long drunken conversations, and flirtatious behaviour. Forgive me.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dankitydancer (58) - Arizona, USA - JAN 8, 2005
what can i say about this beer that hasent been said before other then its spic-tacular

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Braudog (6457) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - JAN 8, 2005
Golden yellow with a macro white laced head. Starchy aroma. Mellow corned malt flavor without any distinction one way or another. I guess it’s better than a coke with Mexican food.