RATINGS: 95   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Inspired by Mexican hot chocolate.Telegraph Winter Ale warms even the coldest of nights with hints of cinnamon,allspice,and sweet ancho chilies.Using generous amounts of chocolate and caramel malts,we brew this beer in limited quantities as a special treat for our friends and families.Be sure to enjoy it cool,rather than cold to fully appreciate its complexity.

JohnC (3008) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - DEC 3, 2008
On draft at Stone bistro. Dark brown, a bit overly carbonated for me, but it has a nice aroma and flavor of spices with the peppers balancing it.

badlizard (5533) - Berkeley, California, USA - MAY 24, 2008
bottle from Pizza Port. Dark brown with a fizzy white head. Sweet spicy and pepper aroma and taste with some peppermint notes. Quite good.

Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 17, 2008
Bottle from hamiltons. Pours with a deep red-brown body topped by a medium thick, quickly disapperaing, off-white head with some lacing. It’s slightly swet and malty with notes of allspice and cinnamon. Similar to mexican cocoa. Not bad. Medium bodied and highly carbonated.

DenverLogan (1211) - LA, California, USA - MAR 10, 2008
Dark brown; small head. Funky spice and toasty malt aroma. Absolutely crazy brew here with herbal flavors, pepper and other spices, bitter chocolate, other herbs, mouthwash, we’re talking funky spicy wild!!

MuertosPorter (24) - California, USA - MAR 4, 2008
Tasting notes from 1/4/08 Sampled from bottle. Pours a deep brown with a minimal amount of tan head. Aromas of cloves, cinnamon, some burnt wood. I poured this when it was still on the colder side, everything seemed muted. As it reads on the bottle "Be sure to enjoy it cool, rather than cold to fully appreciate it’s complexity". It is true, as it warmed the flavors really began to reveal. Bitter chocolates, spicy chilies, cinnamon, cloves, some vanilla. A really nice warming effect on the back of the palate. There seems to be something very special about this beer. Very original, not like any other winter ale. Outstanding!

goldtwins (4320) - Nesconset, New York, USA - FEB 18, 2008
Bought a bottle @ Liar’s Club Grand Opening. The bartender told me I find the diamond in the rough. Yeah OK I could give the extra glasses of it away. Poured a clear deep chestnut color with an off-white head. Big sweet and spiced aroma. Cloves and smoke. Spicy and sweet flavor and when I say spice it was I mean it. Too much for my liking. Malt and clove. Medium body.

ajm (1072) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JAN 25, 2008
Not my favorite. I wish I would have known about the chiles and spices before I drank it, because the finish really affected my enjoyment. I will try it again next year.

Naven (1000) - Poway, California, USA - JAN 20, 2008
Bottle, shared with Bartzilla. Dark brown color. Trippy spicy sweet aroma. Flavor is cinnamon, clove, toothpaste and bubblegum. A little pepper on the finish, but I was surprised that the chili’s weren’t more prominent. Just not my thing.

riversideAK (6260) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - JAN 14, 2008
On tap at Stone. Dark brown with a nice off white head. Aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, chocolate, and roasted malt. The flavor has sweet chocolate, the cinnamon and nutmeg, and some roast. A little bit of dark fruit appears as it warms. Creamy mouthfeel with a rather clean finish with just a touch of spice lingering. One of the best winter ales I have enjoyed this season.

fro2218 (471) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - OCT 23, 2007
Dark brown in color. A ton of spice in the aroma. Cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and mace. Some chocolate and wonderful dark malty caramel. very good.