Tenaya Creek 10th Anniversary Double Altbier

Formerly brewed at Tenaya Creek Brewery
Style: Altbier
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.22/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.94/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
What would our 10th Anniversary be without a special beer to commemorate the occasion? This style of beer originates from Northwestern Germany. It literally means “old-style” beer, referring to the way beer used to be made before lagering. Our interpretation involves the use of Noble German hops, and the use of German specialty malts. It has a deep copper color and a mild finish. At 9% alcohol by volume, this full bodied beer is our anniversary gift to you. Prost!

Most RecentTicked By

dwyerpg (6582) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 22, 2010
Very faint aroma. Flavor is malty, but has the same funkiness that I get from their pale ale that I don’t like. Must be some malt or hop that I particularly dislike. Not for me.

BelgianBeerGal (4290) - Panama City, Florida, USA - DEC 28, 2009
Draught at the brewery. Pours a clear copper/bronze colour with a small white head that quickly disappears. Aroma has a fair amount of butter in it plus some caramel malt. Just a hint of hops too. Malt dominates the flavour with a little toffee plus some German hops in the finish. Pretty nice and didn’t really notice the 9 ABV.

Snojerk321 (2984) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 8, 2009
Tap @ Pizza Port Strong Ale fest 2009. Pours a mostly clear dark amber color with a small off white / beige ring. Nose held some toffee, dark dried fruits, and some roasted malts. Another Vegas brewery I had no idea existed, another reason to visit sooner than later.

DaSilky1 (2608) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 5, 2009
Draft PP Strong ale fest: pours a transparent amber topped with a ring of white. Smells a bit like buttered popcorn...is that diactyl? Or is that supposed to be here...I don’t drink this style, what the hell do I know. Little caramel and toffee notes too. Flavors are clean though...malty, crisp, yet with more lingering maltiness that seems to carry on forever. Medium to full bodied with alcohol fairly hidden. Adeduate hopping keeps it from falling apart. Not exactly my style, but its not too shabby.