overall
Brewed by Wellpark (Tennent Caledonian - C&C Group)
Style: Pale Lager
Glasgow, Scotland

RATINGS: 563   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Keg, can and bottle. Filtered and pasteurised.
Reduced from 4.4% to 4.0% in 2009, after C&C bought the brand and Wellpark brewery from InBev.
"Scotland’s Finest Lager".

YnotABeer (96) - Missouri, USA - DEC 27, 2003
weak. not bad but I'd be ashamed to say this is my country's finest lager. above par compared to an american macro, but easily forgettable and not worth an import price.

pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 17, 2003
John P brought this to the 2002 Xmas beer exchange and it was a big hit. I'm not sure what some of the others rating this beer were drinking, but the Tennents Lager that I have had is great! Nothing spectacular about appearance but the taste is fresh, clean, and biting. I have not had many beers that were this consistently smooth bottle after bottle. Decent hops flavor and just a really enjoyable lager. This beer is nothing, and I mean NOTHING like Heineken. This beer is solid and I wish I had a few to drink right now.

Trogdor (197) - Cairns, AUSTRALIA - DEC 17, 2003
fairly bland lager, similar to heineken i guess, nothing new here. I expected more.

hotstuff (5281) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - DEC 16, 2003
Bottle-Stone Lion Tavern-Chattanooga, TN. The head was small, white and contained fine-medium sized bubbles that quickly dissipated. There was soft carbonation observed with a transparent body and a golden hue. The nose was malty and hoppy with a mostly hoppy flavor. The palate was tingly on the tongue and also fairly smooth. There was very little lacing with this beer. This is not a beer that I would highly recommend or that I will seek out again as it lacks character in the flavor.

thedm (6319) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - DEC 15, 2003
TheDM and Hotstuff vacation brew 3. This bottled brew was enjoyed at the Stone Lion Tavern in Chattanooga Tennessee. It poured a small head of finely sized white colored mostly lasting bubbles that left behind a softly carbonated transparent light yellow orange colored body. The aroma was mild with malt and hop notes which was difficult to disceren in a very smokey room. It had a smooth tingly mouthfeel and a malt hop flavor that tended more toward the hoppy side. It was a lightly hopped mild brew that was simply OK and nothing special.

Reid (2676) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 30, 2003
This was my first beer in a can of course in Scotland when I was 15. Typical euro lager bottle simple Tennents "T" on label. IN appearance this beer is actually quite attractive slighly darker than usual gold with a largish white head. Smell however is slighly "off"..not fresh..but I can sense some faint hops. Taste is also above average for style..nice and crisp then a sweet malt backbone..then crisp with some hops again at the end. Average on the palate. A quite drinkable beer indeed..

1.3
Panzuriel (2446) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - NOV 18, 2003
Had in Green bottle. Terribly skunky aroma with a sharp twinge. Thin and metallic taste. Thin, fluid mouthfeel. Another beer ruined by a bad bottling choice.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 5, 2003
Not as bad as some would have it actually quite goood. Low points is almost no smell and its piss color but it didn't bother me as the taste was good. I liked that it had the semi sweetness of Bass without the bitter finish. Very UK tasteing. Not the very best but really good

Sully (1380) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - NOV 4, 2003
Ding ding ding ding ding ding. That is the sound of warning bells when I look at a can of Scottish lager with a low alcohol content. Nothing exceptional in the pour but for a pale and very clear amber. The head is small and dissipating. The nose is subtle and slightly malty with a typical tang that seems to accompany canned beer. The taste is average but clean, just like all the other ones. The lacing in the glass is quite good. A big problem is that this is a 500ml can so there is more to drink or drainpour. Being thirsty, I consumed the lot but not with great satisfaction.

Jahills (151) - Cambridge (Hobart), AUSTRALIA - OCT 17, 2003
Out of the can. No good. tastes like metal, tastes flat and slightly sour. They can drink in scotland if they want as long as we dont have to drink it in australia.