overall
RATINGS: 21   MEAN: 3.52/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   IBU: 40   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Terminal Gravity Pale Ale is a light brown to copper colored beer whose rich caramel malt flavors are offset by rich hop palette that combines the aroma of a evergreen forest on a summer day with earthy and spicy notes.

Juancho (239) - Georgia, USA - JAN 20, 2007
On tap at Rose and Rainfrop after the 06 OR Brewer’s Festival. I was told it was the only keg in town... pretty special stuff. I loved it. I’m surprised they don’t regularly brew/bottle this. It made such a profound impression on me that I rank it as one of my top beers ever.

poisoneddwarf (2511) - Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho, USA - JUN 22, 2011
12 oz bottle into lager glass. My bottle reads 6.1 % ABV. Pours a hazy orangeish-copper with a medium off-white head that collapses in a minute, leaving a thin blanket and collar of foam; leaves some decorative lacework. Aroma is caramel, buttered biscuits; not very assertive. Doesn’t smell very hoppy like it says in the description up there. Taste is mostly sweet with bitterness coming up secondary and a faintly tart edge. This is one of the sweetest pales I’ve ever had--not in a cloying caramel malt kind of way, though, because it’s really tasty. Different. Carbonation and body are medium and the texture is creamy. Very good.

Reid (2541) - Salem, Oregon, USA - AUG 13, 2011
12 oz from Lifesource,Salem. $1.45 Clear amber ale with a nice inch high off white ,creamy,thick head Nice slighly subdued English hop style aromas..creamy cereal in the back. Taste is very pleasing..its hoppy OK but also a thick and chewy malt balances it out..very pleasant semi bitter creamy finish. Great creamy mouthfeel to this one, Actually an excellent pale ale.

shoulderbroken (4255) - Tokyo, JAPAN - AUG 24, 2015
At Grub. Dark Amber colour, aroma is light lemony hops. Taste is biscuit malt forward with lemony hop finish. Not overly bitter, little bit spicy, speculoos, bit of brown sugar, quite nice.

BK7 (773) - Turner, Oregon, USA - SEP 21, 2011
Bottle. Being a fan of Terminal Gravity India Pale Ale I was surprised and disappointed in the lack of hoppiness in this beer. Second and third bottles made me relaize that this was a very balanced and tasty beer. When I can find it I always put a couple of six packs in my fridge.

maekchu (3917) - Hirakata, JAPAN - NOV 1, 2015
Bottle from Kumiyama AEON Mall liquor shop. Thick caramel nose, veyr fruity, bready, biscuity. Hazy copper/brown color. Malty initial, quite earthy, gently tart in mid palate, spicy, with light but clear hopping in finish. Medium body. Thick stuff, more ESB or light barleywine-like than pale. A touch high in alc.

beerinmarch (2830) - Washington, USA - JUL 27, 2004
On tap at the Oregon Brewers Festival 04. Pours a darker amber with a small white head. Very strong hopped aroma, kinda floral/citrus. Taste starts slightly malty and ends wit a strong bitterness. Very well balanced and smooth, but maybe a bit too hoppy for a pale ale, but I’m not complaining since i love hops. I wish i could get Terminal Gravity brews more often, then never let me down.

Beardface (1517) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - JUN 9, 2011
Tap at 16 Tons. Moderate brown in color with light carbonation and a small head. Smells of biscuity malts and floral hops, while the taste throws in some caramel. Very much a British style Pale Ale, but I found it to be fairly tasty despite that not usually being my thing.

Beerdrinker79 (2188) - Idaho, USA - AUG 26, 2011
12 oz. bottle- Pours orangeish amber with a thin white head, aroma is sweet caramel, English hops, which in my opinion seem to always have a dirty dishwater aroma to them, it smells more like an Octoberfest than a pale ale. The taste is caramel sweet up front, followed by a mild dry bitterness, very creamy, fresh tasting. It doesn’t taste like a pale ale, but is still pretty tasty. Body is medium, carbonation is high. They went against the grain with this one, It could have turned out a disaster, but seems to be pretty good. They could market this as a hopped up ESB or Octoberfest, which seems to me to be more accurate.

OldMrCrow (2439) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAY 29, 2014
Bottle.

Explodes out of the bottle all over the kitchen counter. Orange tan pour, yellowed head, sediment. Bready aroma, a bit of metal. ESB elements. Sweet with orchard fruit. Aged barleywine caramels (what’s that about?). An unusual APA to say the least, but entirely tasty.