overall
RATINGS: 80   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
“It is absolutly paradoxical; we cannot understand it, and we don’t know what it means. But we have proved it, and therefore we know it must be the truth.” -Benjamin Peirce That’s a little how we feel about the last 10 years and the phenominal growth we’ve enjoyed here at Terrapin. Join us in celebrating ten years of Terrapin with an Ale brewed with a Belgian yeast strain, Coriander, two kinds of orange peel and Chamomile. We chose to express this beautiful beer with what has been described as a beautiful equation… sip the beer while you ponder the math and our beautiful universe full of so much possibility! ABV: 10% IBU: 30 OG: 21 FG: 3.1 HOPS: Nelson Sauvin MALT: Pilsner, Malted Rye, Malted Dextrose ADJUNCTS: Coriander, two kinds of orange peel, chamomile

Travlr (25876) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 23, 2012
Bottle. Hazy yellow color, small white head. Aroma of lightly spiced straw. The spice and citrus and much more evident in the taste, and I think they clas a bit.

BeerHawk (1810) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - SEP 29, 2012
Bottle. Poured orange with a quick fizzy off-white head. Aromas of citrus, spice, and Belgium yeast. The flavor found spices with a fruit background. Light to medium body, sweet, and smooth.

cbkschubert (2901) - BFE, Arizona, USA - SEP 25, 2012
22 oz. bottle via trade with smith4498 - Pours a hazy golden color with a half finger thick off white head. Faint spotty lacing. Aroma is esters, spice, and yeast. Flavor is lightly sweetened malt, esters, and spices. The malt sweetness and spices linger in the finish. Medium to full body. The alcohol is noticeable, but doesn’t come across as 10%. A nice beer, but I’m not sure I can drink the whole bottle myself. Thanks Jason.

erickok (6037) - Leuven, BELGIUM - SEP 22, 2012
Misty golden body and small off white head. Spices, orange, yoghurt, cake and delicate hops. Strong flavoured with lots of sweetness and a sharp alcohol finish. (On my Florida trip)

MadRobin (2988) - Silver Spring, Maryland, USA - SEP 10, 2012
On tap at Carpool in Herndon, VA. Hazy, sparkling, orange copper with 3-finger off-white head and very good lacing. Aroma of orange peel, chamomile, coriander, rye bready, crackers and yeast. Taste of caramel, orange peel, chamomile, coriander, rye bread, crackers, cinnamon, spice and yeast. Medium/full body and medium/light carbonation. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Strykzone (7586) - Wood River, Illinois, USA - SEP 5, 2012
Sampled at an esbls tasting. Mhazy golden with a white head. This is peppery, Belgian, citrus. This is a nice beer that could be a big wit.

maxwelldeux (4374) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - SEP 2, 2012
Really didn’t like this one. Lots of sweetness to this one that’s too pervasive throughout the entire drink. Not the worst thing I’ve had, but too spicy and sweet for me.

msante79 (2225) - Mount Prospect, Illinois, USA - AUG 19, 2012
Bomber from a trade but I forgot who sent it. Pours golden amber with a white head. Aromas of orange, candied sugar, sweet malts, and some spices. Flavor of orange, candied sugar, caramel malts, and some belgain spices. Solid.

HonusWagner (2218) - Florida, USA - AUG 18, 2012
I cannot give this a remotely good score in good conscience. I don’t think that pilsner malts, nelson sauvin hops, and coriander blend together particularly well, since this beer tastes like some abortive hybrid of a belgian strong ale, an ipa, and a saison I’m tempted to believe this initial analysis. As Bells 10K proved, more is often less in beer world.

drfabulous (8489) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - AUG 10, 2012
22 ounce from Bruisin Ales. Orange body. Slightly spicy nose. Tangerine, orange peel, candy sugar. Pretty sweet.