overall

RATINGS: 598   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
The Terrapin Hop Karma Brown IPA is a head on collision between a hoppy west coast India Pale Ale and a malty, complex brown ale. Brewed with 5 varieties of hops and 7 different malts, this hybrid style represents the best of both worlds. PEACE, LOVE and HOPPINESS

georgiadawgb (1) - Georgia, USA - APR 11, 2007 does not count
Cask at Aroma’s was great. Draft at brewfest was just about perfect. Great new one from Terrapin can’t wait till I can pick it up at the store.

obguthr (6834) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - JUL 25, 2009
Wonderful chestnut and thistle aroma, moderately strong for a brown ale. Clear brown medium yellow head, good lacing. Earthy and mossy witb a hop kick. Grapefruit is present. Bark and citrus zest finish. This may be my new favorite beer. Could use more complexity, but I’m nit picking. Fabulous piece of crafting!

BeeriedEyed (212) - USA - JAN 5, 2011
UPDATED: JAN 12, 2011 Terrapin is a great brewery that hasn’t let me down and this brew only emphasis’s my commitment to their creations. It’s got a unique complex fruity taste.

Cybercat (6346) - Georgia, USA - JUL 15, 2007
Out of the tap it is a rich opaque brown with a thin but persistent head, very attractive. Aroma is very hoppy, smelling a lot like a pine tree, which means extreme hoppiness. Flavor is, as the aroma promises, extremely hoppy and pleasantly bitter, with a smoky overtone and hints of chocolate. Finish is pleasing and hoppy, with a touch of sweetness to offset the bitterness. Excellent!

unclemattie (4406) - Georgia, USA - APR 13, 2007
Tap at TacoMac. Dark Brown color. heavy hitting pine aroma. hop bitterness, nice and hoppy! My new favorite Turtle.

obxdude10 (2392) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 20, 2009
When I saw this beer on the menu at the Craft Ale House, I knew I had to try it. After that initial notion, my next thought was, "I hope this is similar to DFH’s IBA. And thankfully, it was. Although I think Dogfish’s offering is just a tad-bit better. But this one came awfully close. It pours a very dark brown color with a generous and rich brown head. The head leaves an incredible amount of lacing around the glass. The nose is full of chocolate malt, bread, floral hops, pine and a touch of grapefruit. The body is a quite thick, but is still drinkable and enjoyable. The flavors have notes of bready malts, lightly toasted bread, a touch of chocolate, pine, grapefruit and of course plenty of spicy hops. The finish is rich, hoppy and extremely delicious. Here’s to hoping that I can find this beer in cases somewhere in my neighborhood!

Getbetter (1033) - East Palo Alto, California, USA - MAR 24, 2011
From a bottle,dark red in color,white head,medium body,taste like a tootie roll with hops.Highly recommend !!!