overall
RATINGS: 915   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 78   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
Hear ye, hear ye... All hopheads shall herewith rejoice! Terrapin hath recruited ye old HOPSECUTIONER to execute the exact hop profile for this killer IPA. You may lose your hophead over this one!

IBU’s: 78. O.G.: 16.3. FG: 3.0. Malt: 2 Row Pale Malt,Munich, Pale Crystal 24L, Victory. Hops: Warrior, Chinook, Centennial, Simcoe, Amarillo, Cascade (dry hop)

ThisWangsChung's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ThisWangsChung (836) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - SEP 17, 2013
12 oz bottle into a pint glass. A: Pours an apricot color. The head is a fluffy one finger off-white shade. All in all, the looks are typical for the style: frothy head, okay retention, and plenty of lacing left behind. S: Aromatically, hops do jump out from the glass - mainly the floral, lemony variety. Sourdough bread seems to make an appearance, too. I’ve grown to point where I can smell Centennial hops from a mile away, and this brew’s got ’em. T: Flavor-wise, it’s sweeter than what the aroma let on. I was waiting for the bitterness to prick the tongue...and instead I got a sweet, caramel forward brew where the hops are only there to balance instead of being showcased. Late in the aftertaste, some floral and spicy hop notes do appear. Aside from the typical caramel and toffee notes, it’s also a bit earthy. M: It’s a rather clean brew, which at least helps quash some of the sweetness well. It glides down the tongue with a crisp bite, too I’d almost call it thirst quenching...no, I will call it thirst quenching. Not dry by any stretch, but it does a good job of going down easily anyways. The sweet finish doesn’t bother me at all. O: I’ll give it one thing - it’s drinkable. Very drinkable, even for a 7.3% IPA. It just doesn’t have the most interesting flavor is all. If I had bought a 6 pack of this (which I didn’t) I wouldn’t have any trouble killing it.

Jow (4168) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JAN 18, 2018
Tap at yard house after the last two beers I ordered were out. Orange pour. Nos eisnorange citrus some pine. Tastes of pine, pineapple, orange citrus, lemon, caramel. Medium bodied and bitters.

Listigovers (1383) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 7, 2018
Slightly cloudy golden beer, rich smell with lots of malt and pine. Taste is a lot of classic foresty flavour hops, reminds me of a classic hop devil or something.

thebeerbandit (38) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 24, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 24, 2017 Had with the Lawrence family for Xmas eve dinner at Longhorn. Golden orange with a moderate head. Not too hazy. Label is pretty cool! Smell is not too strong but I’m getting grapefruit and citrus hops. Taste is well balanced with a big hip presence and enough malt to hold it steady. Bitter, but not overbearing. Tasty but not as assertive as the name would indicate. Feel is full-bodied and creamy for an IPA which I like. Overall, it’s a solid IPA. Nothing mind-blowing but it’s well balanced and really tasty.

drshuteye (7) - - NOV 26, 2017 does not count
One of my favorite go to beers. The right amount of hoppy and bitter. Easy to drink. Taste is complex enough to keep you interested. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

k0mpsa (3160) - Tuusula, FINLAND - NOV 19, 2017
Can. Deep golden color, white head. Aroma has clear caramel notes, fruits, citrus notes. Caramel malts, hops, bitter.

mnurda (1305) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - OCT 30, 2017
Bottled sample at Harrahs New Orleans. Copper color. Medium head. Crisp. Refreshing. Lingering hop taste ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ktycat9 (3) - - OCT 29, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 29, 2017 my very favorite. smooth, nice hops with piney citrus almost sweet finish.

mikelward (4) - California, USA - OCT 20, 2017 does not count
On tap at Warehouse Savannah. Nice opaque golden color. Sudsy. Almost no aroma. Tastes sour, a bit cherry. Hint of hops. Not like any IPA or AIPA I've ever tried, and I don't like cherry.

JoeyB. (2) - - SEP 22, 2017 does not count
Loved this one. Excellent taste. Tyler and hoppy. Drank it in Atlanta GA at the Atlanta Fish Market. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Voodoo (715) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 27, 2017
Pours a light copper color with a loose white head which lingers......aroma of sweet malt, light earthiness making it through the head.....taste is fair mouthfeel, earthy early, slightly bitter sweet malt with the taste of plant tones, touch of melon. Different.