overall
RATINGS: 1033   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
We Consider this an extreme version of an American Pale Ale. It has a very up front floral and citrus aroma from a late cascade addition and dry hopping with Amarillo. This beer also has a big malt background to balance the bitterness of the hops. The rye malt cleans up your palette after you swallow so the hop flavor does not stick in your mouth too long.
Now available in bottles.

aracauna (3710) - Georgia, USA - SEP 8, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 19, 2005 This seems to have gone down from its original excellence. It’s still one of my favorite local session beers, though. Just not as hoppy and rye spicey as it once was. Great big sprucey hops. Wet head clings to the glass. I guess this is what they mean by a sticky head. Nice burst of flavor from the hops followed by the malt, the rye makes an interesting character. The finish is a nice lingering hop bitterness. Perfect match for a good pizza. This is such a great beer. Sweetwater IPA just lost the ranking as my favorite GA beer.

billb (245) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - DEC 1, 2001
Aroma is just incredible! I don't think I've smelled so much hops on a brew before. Extremely florally, dry and somewhat sweet (and I'm still talking about the aroma here). The appearance was perfect and a nice head and lacing to boot! The Flavor and Overall Impression are lower than anticipated because while the hops were definitely there, I think the aroma led me to believe that the hops were going to be overpowering. Don't get me wrong, this is the first beer I ask for everytime I hit the 5 Seasons Brewery.