overall
RATINGS: 302   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 198   ABV: 6.6%
Volume 19: Mosaic Single Hopped Rye Ale. Brewer “Spike” has an affinity towards rye malt, so this comes a no surprise. Freshly harvested from Hop Breeding Company, LLC in Yakima Valley, the hops used in Side Project 19 “Mosaic” came freshly picked from the fields of Perrault Farms, to our brewery, and into your glass. Known as hop HBC 369 before official naming in 2011, Mosaic is the daughter of Simcoe (YCR 14) and a Nugget-derived male. To get the best of all worlds from this new Humulus lupus, we used 100% Mosaic throughout the brewing process to utilize all the flavor and aroma that this world-class hop has to offer.

Freaky_tiki (1242) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 13, 2016
Dark brown in the glass. Great combo of thick rye grains with prominent hops. Sophisticated & tasty. Am wondering if the can is less than fresh: there are tropical notes but they seem muted & buried.

Clarkdvm (511) - Florida, USA - FEB 27, 2016
Can. Nice citrus aroma. Not a bad ipa but not my favorite. Guess I don’t know my mosaic hops

Aggiebob (1125) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - FEB 26, 2016
Draft. Clear ruby red with a biege head and lacing. Tropical fruit aroma. Medium bitterness. Very nice.

Ctplt777 (530) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - FEB 21, 2016
Well, naming it mosaic is pretty accurate to the taste of this beer. It’s super tropical and fresh. Lot’s of mango, peach, pineapple and citrus. The aroma is great..it follows the taste or the taste follows the aroma? Either or it’s awesome. Bottom line, if you like tropical ipa’s this is a solid seasonal. Cheers.

woodychevy (874) - - FEB 19, 2016
Can at home. Super solid- hard to go wrong with Mosaic. Beautiful copper orange pour with a fluffy white head. Rye spice works really well with clean citrus/ tropical notes of hops. Bitter at the end, but pleasantly so. Warm nuttiness in there too. Fairly complex. Well done.

bnokk (535) - Lee, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 12, 2016
APPEARANCE- medium amber with red hue, consistent with a solid red ale. Great white head and laces well. NOSE- tropical scents owing to the mosaic hop. FLAVOR- Slightly bitter with a bit of a malt backing, and I get a hint of what I’d expect from a rye beer.

hopdog (12510) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 8, 2016
On tap at CJ’s. Amber pour with a smaller sized off white head. Rye, caramel, citrus, and some sweet fruitiness.

UDBeernut (2883) - Saint Johns, Florida, USA - FEB 7, 2016
Pours Amber, off white head that’s leaves a thin lacing coat. Slight rye, catty, flowery. Well balanced. This is pretty damn good.

tysonf7 (22) - - FEB 4, 2016
12 oz can. Pours a clear amber with a nice creamy head. Mild hop aroma. Tastes fairly sweet, almost like a sweet tea flavoring from the rye. The Mosaic hops aren't as forward as I would have wished. Descent beer. Might go well with a good southern meal.

gerbewa (253) - - JAN 25, 2016
Amanda bought me a six pack at earth fare. First time rating it I’m not picking up the hoops so my smell must be of f. I’ll rate it again when I can smell.