overall

RATINGS: 712   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.08/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 609   ABV: 20.3%
Aged in bourbon barrels for over a year, this extremely rich stout has picked up flavors of vanilla, burnt caramel, toasted oak, prunes, and sherry-like oxidation.
2009 Batch: 19.5% ABV
2014 Batch: 19.7% ABV
2015 Batch: 19.9% ABV
2016 Batch: 20.3% ABV

DuffManSW (436) - Riverside, California, USA - JUL 26, 2009
On tap at The Bruery.. Pours black as all hell with a mocha head.. Aroma is bourbon, raisins, caramel, toffee and alcohol....Lots going on in the flavor department. Caramel, bitter dark chocolate, molasses, vanilla, bourbon and some nice roastiness going on. Low carbonation and full body, verrrrry smooth. Smooth like Don Juan Delanooch.. AMAZING!!

Powermonger (2) - , California, USA - AUG 5, 2009 does not count
Had this on its release day. Until the last few months, The Bruery has been a bit hit or miss for me. Autumn Maple, while good on tap, was flat in the bottle. Their "regular" lineup varied from very good (Tradewinds Tripel and Hottenroth) to okay, and some of the offerings are expensive. Melange #3 and the Papier series really opened my mind to the Bruery’s capabilities. And this beer blew the doors off. Phenomenal. Pours a dark black, with a surprisingly robust bubbling brown head (yes, it’s on tap, but I pray for some of that carbonation in the bottled version). Smells like molasses, brown sugar, heavenly bourbon (these guys have the f****g best bourbon barrels), vanilla, and a bit of spicy ... nuttiness? Caramel? Insane. Tons of roasted chocolate and malt. Taste delivers on the promise of the smell. Just wondrous. More bourbon, more roasted bitter chocolate malt with an undercurrent of sweet milk chocolate, a crazy pecan/woody/earthy nutty aftertaste, that "vanilla in the raw" flavor, and layered brown sugar/molasses. Hints of oak/wood. This is absolutely great. I ended up ordering far more than I originally planned. For what it is, the drinkability is dangerous and insane. Sticky, chewy, and thick. Rivals Dark Lord, Darkness, PtY, and World Wide Stout for thickest, chewiest beer I’ve ever tried. One of a handful of beers I could legitimately call the best I’ve ever had.

daknole (11049) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - NOV 6, 2009
Fuck. I mean fuck. Motor oil black. Brown head. Aroma of liquid prunes. Raisins. Chocolate. Booze. And oddly enough it has an aroma that reminds me if sam Adams utopias. Flavor is unreal. Sweet and boozey. Raisins. Bourbon. Chocolate. Brandy. Fuck me. This beer is amazing. Unreal.

Peacehammer (624) - California, USA - NOV 12, 2011
On tap at the Black Tuesday release party. Pours a thick, viscus black. Aroma of strong bourbon, chocolate and vanilla. Very smooth taste, surprising for a beer that’s over 18%. A little warmth on the way down which is great. Overall, while the limited nature of this beer, and it’s reputation might lead you to think it’s great even if it isn’t. This beer lives up to it’s reputation and then some. An amazing beer worthy of all it’s praise.

Jamuligan (11) - Jamul, California, USA - MAY 12, 2012
Easily one of the best beers I’ve ever tasted. Had some ’08 Abyss from Deschutes the same night. Black Tuesday wins hands down. Great nose, smooth from start to finish. Thanks DB. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Busick (390) - Lake Wylie, South Carolina, USA - JUN 18, 2014
I don’t know where to start with this beer! It is sooooooo delicious! I was given just a taste by a guy on St. Patrick’s Day, 2014 at a local bottle shop! Believe me, I wasn’t expecting this when I walked through the door! Very rick and smooth.....I wish I could get more of these on the East Coast!

Ionlyrate5s (103) - New York, USA - AUG 29, 2014
AWESOME, Big, prune, slight sherry, slrsht anise...boubon oak olfactory, nice heat fro high alcohol. Tar finish, bitter sweet cocoa back bone. Malt complexity finishes this out and a perfect brew in my opionion.

Hipsterchick (21) - Los Angeles, California, USA - OCT 11, 2014
Hipster big boy perfection. Everything from roast, anise, alcohol, warmth, bubblie, is off the hook. Do not, repeat do not slam this bad boy unless you want to worship the pooper. If you get a chance to get this, it is a must.

CousinBrenden (131) - St Louis, Missouri, USA - FEB 10, 2015
Rich coffee cab sav combo! Vicious wit the addition of fine imp stout flavors. An unreal brew with all the flavors of beer wine and coffee and a perfect balance.

McCarty23 (53) - Vista, California, USA - APR 17, 2015
Black pour. Tan head. Coffee aroma, French roast flavor. Thick pour. Some burnt roast and some concentrated plum and licorice. Finishes bitter roast.