overall

RATINGS: 394   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 585   ABV: 19.5%
Chocolate Rain (Black Tuesday with Cocoa Nibs and Vanilla Beans)

beechner224 (1024) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - NOV 15, 2013
Bottle from Homer (pronounced Homo). Black with small head. Taste is vanilla, booze, heat. Very nice, despite the company.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Getbetter (1033) - East Palo Alto, California, USA - NOV 15, 2013
A pour at the Bruery.The pour is a very dark brown with no head.A strong chocolate presence with boozey stout.Its fucking great.Game ender

merc7186 (2993) - North Tonawanda, New York, USA - NOV 3, 2013
A: Dark Opaque Hue, Passes No Light, Off White Head, Minimal Lacing S: Bourbon, Cocoa T: Bourbon, Chocolate M: Average Carbonation, Full Bodied, Boozy Overall, A nice bourbon barrel but a booze bomb...not their best beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Haslinger (914) - The World of Beer, Texas, USA - OCT 26, 2013
750mL waxed bottle shared. aroma is chocolatey booze. Taste is warm vanilla with a delicious hot cocoa aftertaste. Wow this beer is damn tasty. Between the Bruerys White Chocolate and Chocolate Rain I think i may like to drink my fill of Willy Wonka for the rest of my life. Hell of a brew

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
kathouse (1700) - Nevada, USA - OCT 24, 2013
This is decadently sweet and flavorful. Outstanding aroma and deep chocolate taste is why I drink big beers like this. Simply amazing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Beardaxe (293) - - OCT 20, 2013
Sampled twice at GABF. This was unbelievable. Flavor initially knocks you over with some of the strongest chocolate flavors you'll get in a beer. Impressively, however, the chocolate didn't taste artificial like most chocolate bombs (I'm looking at you Rogue). Instead the sweetness of the chocolate, which verges on cloying, is held in check with a satisfying cocoa bitterness. The barrel aging is subtle, so much so that I didn't notice it until my second sample. Once I did, though, I greatly appreciated it. It adds a layer of background complexity that plays well with the dominant tones of the chocolate. A beautiful beer. Also I had no idea it was 19%. I drank it like it was 11 at most. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
XmnwildX12 (2079) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - OCT 15, 2013
On tap at GABF 2013, big bourbon chocolate aroma, taste is bourbon, chocolate, booze, vanilla. Not as hot as I thought it would be, great beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
theothermatt (286) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - OCT 14, 2013
Tasted at GABF and the highlight of the night. Very rich aroma. Sweet. Vanilla and Oak. Very smooth and not nearly enough alcohol to show its nearly 20%. A damn near perfect sipper and something that I wish I could have and enjoy a bit more of.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ajnepple (5448) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 14, 2013
Sampled at GABF 2013. One my favorites from both sessions I attended. Unbelievable aroma and flavor. Lots of chocolate and vanilla sweetness hide the ABV. I must get more of this! One ounce was not nearly enough.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Dr_MedievAle (214) - Alabama, USA - OCT 13, 2013
Aroma: bourbon, loads of cocoa, roasty malts. App: dark brown body, khaki head. Taste: initial bourbon and light cocoa balance, then pow, chocolate bomb like you wouldnt believe. Sticky fudge, smooth vanilla, and a mouthfeel like the highest calibre chocolate ganache youve ever had. The only reason this isnt getting a five from me is because the aroma is--wait for it--like most other awesome barrel aged stouts. Now that I think about, that misleading aspect, making me think it was going to be like the other kids on the block, actually enhanced the mindblowing experience of its juicy chocolate load. It is like the bruery made sweet tantric love to fine chocolate, getting it to hold back its full release for a few seconds until it unloads its chocolate rain. I think I know why they call it that now. Could also easily call it Chocolate Reign.