overall
RATINGS: 906   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
The Duck-Rabbit Baltic Porter is deep, rich and velvety soft. A full blooded roasty character is balanced by complex alcohol notes. Strong (9% alcohol by volume) yet unfailingly subtle, this special brew warrants sipping and savoring.

OldRaspy (292) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - OCT 20, 2006
Thanks goes out to Immy for this outstanding brew. Poured from a 12oz bottle black with a small brown head that faded into a ring of lacing. Aroma was roasted malts, raisins, a bit of smokiness and a bitter chocolate. Flavor was roasted malt and the chocolate was a semi-sweet chocolate. The body was smooth and creamy. It finished dry on the tounge.

cathcacr (647) - Oregon, USA - OCT 8, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 21, 2007 Upped on re-taste to a 5.0; head/appearance produced this time lived up to the rest.. My favorite example of my favorite style, and it just doesn’t get any tastier than this. Why aren’t more beers out there made as tasty as this? I’d pay good money for it. So . . . why?

Rating #400! Courtesy the man, kenb, 10/7/07. Aged 1 year. I’m rating conservatively because I don’t want to be a fanboy right off the bat. But it’s right up there with the best, the few other 5’s I’ve ever had. Aroma is AWESOME, and a good indicator of what’s to come. Heavy on the chocolate-covered cherry-or-raisin, in both aroma and palate. Best aroma ever, period. Goes down smoother ’n’ you know what. The only thing I didn’t give a top component grade for was appearance, I believe because it didn’t generate large and foamy head. We did some nitro’ing and fixed that issue, but I’m just going on its "official" presentation. I did a 19/20 on overall, but I’m gonna bump that up to a 20 and put this in sole possession of the 4.9 placement in my ratings list. Thanks to the MAN, kenb, I’ll get subsequent tastings and see how this fares on the repeat. The bottle went down much too quickly to savor in full, this is so damn drinkable.

Sandemon (2) - North Carolina, USA - AUG 18, 2012 does not count
Purely amazing in every way you can think of. If you get a chance to have this beer DO

Chorigan (5) - Virginia, USA - MAR 12, 2016 does not count
I think that most of the reviews have the tone of someone more concerned with impressing beer snobs than giving an objective opinion about the beer. (I will post the same comment with every review) ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Immy (1955) - Virginia Beach, USA - OCT 12, 2006
12 oz bottle from JCB. Thanks Jason! Deep deep brown - not quite black - with a thick hot chocolate colored head that reduces to a dense film. Roasty malt and dark chocolate nose, earthy, an odd fruity note. Flavor is semisweet chocolate, a little roasty coffee, and sweet malt that penetrates the deep parts of the mouth. While damn tasty, the star here is the body - not quite creamy, but the consistancy of half-n-half; dense, but not too thick. Smooth as wet ice on ice. Mildly dry chalkiness in the center of the tongue in the finish, while the sweet malt flavors tickle the sides of your tongue. Simply awesome. It simply does not get all that better than this.

kmgauger (1) - - SEP 21, 2012 does not count
My favorite porter and maybe my favorite beer. Midnight black, great taste. It’s so great that I won’t have another porter for at least a month after my stockpile of this runs out.

smashedbrewer (10) - - FEB 10, 2014
this beer was fantastic with hints of vanilla and roast character that was spot on not overdone for the style and not even a hint of 9% alcohol

tobias (208) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - SEP 17, 2006
12 oz bottle: pours anthracite black with a beautiful dark khaki head. my god the aroma is amazing. the intilal aroma is coffee, sweet creamy chocolatey rich mocha coffee, not over powering. very sensual.hints of carramel vanilla and dark fruit peek though. flavors of of coffee and mocha. vanilla dark fruit caramel, beautiful. silky smooth in the mouth. carbonation is perfect. its very hard to believe this beer is 9 percent abv, very well hidden. all i can say is wow. duck rabbit has outdone itself. i had this on draft about a month ago at the saucer and was like this its pretty good but now as i sit here savoring it fropm the bottle i realize that it is more than pretty good, its amazing.

GVegasBrewer (1) - Greenville, North Carolina, USA - SEP 17, 2006 does not count
I had this beer for the first time last night in Greenville (GVegas) at Christy’s Europub (just a few miles from Farmville where the beer is made). I got to say I was blown away. Very dark, very thick beer which to me had a strong aroma and flavor of good ol’ North Carolina blackstrap molasses! Wonderful beer. I cant wait to get some more.