overall
Brewed by The Kernel Brewery
Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)
Bermondsey, England

RATINGS: 289   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Bottle conditioned and keg. ABV may vary slightly.

amfawcett (4) - York, North Yorkshire, ENGLAND - JUN 18, 2013 does not count
simply exquisite bread, citrus, earthy aroma, bottle conditioned but not yeasty with a delicate head. Tastes gorgeous fruity hops very intense great with food.

flipo (8) - SLOVAK REPUBLIC - MAY 26, 2015 does not count
Unbelieveble beer. Gold color. Aroma is amazing, full of citruses and little bit hop. Medium body and very very well balanced. Taste is like a citruses bomb. At the end bitter from hop. Very, very, very good drinkable.

pricey290483 (809) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAY 30, 2015
bottle from noble wines a very very nice beer the best beer i have had in a very long time tropical fruit on the aroma lovely bitter taste with a slight sweet bitter finish if you can get this beer you should get it

CraftBeerNick (2673) - London Town, Greater London, ENGLAND - OCT 28, 2011
Bottle at home - 21st October 2011. Wow what a beer best beer I have ever had in bottle, piney, mango, peach aroma and taste, oily mouth feel and perfect carbonation. I have gone out and bought 12 other offerings from The Kernel and look forward to trying them all!

Mochan1984 (5) - Greater London, ENGLAND - NOV 9, 2012 does not count
Still undecided about which is the greatest London IPA. Kernel Citra, Brodies Citra or Redchurch Great Eastern? Anyway, I think this has to be a regular for the Kernel. His best IPA so far and I reckon he knows it. Can’t imagine how better it can get.

imdownthepub (15008) - Banbury, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - MAR 11, 2012
Bottle conditioned, 330 ml from Merton Beer Fest ’12. Hop hazed gold with white head. Wowzer, what a great beer. The aroma is of fresh Passion fruit mixed with Kiwi. The beer has an intensely concentrated hop flavour, grapefruit yes, plus lemons and every citrus note you can think of. Biting, fresh, dry and bitter on a good biscuity body. Straight into my top beers of all time list, incredible.

BeerCast_Rich (1906) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - MAR 25, 2011
[330ml bottle, Kernel Brewery, London] Pours a hazy gold with a slight white head. Wonderful Citra aromas of rich tropical and citrus fruit. On the palate it’s perfectly balanced – the hop bitterness with some sweetness there, big fruity flavours – and a fantastic bitter finish. Perfectly combines the zesty fruit with a rounded sweetness. As good as any craft American IPA, and to date, my favourite Kernel beer. Awesome stuff [08032011]

MesandSim (7117) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAY 11, 2011
A Mes rate. Tap at the Dean Swift.Firstly thanks to Max for letting me try this before it was officially available. Secondly, and excuse the language here, this is fucking amazing. Really phenominal. I’m struggling to deal with the awesomeness I have in front of me. Stunning, just stunning lychee and fresh citric fruit. Lemongrass, ganja, earth, bright and exciting and my god it’s just fucking perfect. The length is beyond description. Each sip leaves me wanting to down my whole glass but I know if I wait, the flavour development is just an epic journey. The balance of dry and jucy is without doubt the best I have experienced in an IPA. And I know that’s saying something. I can’t do this justice in my notes and it’s very rare that happens. A beer of exceptional quality. If ever a Kernel beer should be a regular nae permanent in production, this is it. Utterly blown away. Flavour and aroma are through the roof. Drinkability is outstanding. I can’t believe I’m saying this but this is the best UK beer I have had. Fuck, it’s one of the best beers I’ve had full stop.

wyzzywyz22 (2108) - Wirral, Merseyside, ENGLAND - JAN 6, 2012
Bottle from Mr Lawrence, Brockley. Hazy orange pour with a lingering white head. Fabulous tropical fruit bowl aroma that’s up there with the very best. Piney resinous hop, weed, citrus aplenty, a little sweetness. A little sniff of heaven if there ever was one. The flavour lived up to the infinite promise shown in the nose. More juicy citrus mingled with some balancing malts and superb hoppage. Bitterness spot on and drinkibality just off the scale. Refreshing and hugely satisfying. Quite simply this beer is the bomb, and my favourite offering thus far from the Kernel. World-beating stuff.

graham_murphy (689) - - APR 2, 2013
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2013 Wow. Very punchy lemon and orange taste from the. Not too much of the coppery taste you sometime get. Quite dry. This is just the start of it. Definitely coming back for more.