The Twisted Hop Plum Duff

Formerly brewed at The Twisted Hop
Style: Fruit Beer
Christchurch, New Zealand
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.83/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.8/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 200   ABV: 6.66%

Most RecentTicked By

Jimthechap (2064) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - JUL 1, 2008
I tried this beer about a year after it had ben brewed and I was disappointed but understanding as to why it hadn’t aged well. I wish it had to be honest. My palate was too young to appreciate it when it was at its best off tap.

yalnikim (800) - Wellington, NEW ZEALAND - JUL 23, 2007
Tasted late October 2007. 500ml bottle, shared with the "team" on our Chch brewery trip. Dark, lowly carbonated, little length on the head. Roasty and plummy (funnily enough) on the nose. Very toasty, tending roasty, in the mouth with a great plum sourness and tannic bite. Lingering. A couple of us had a fantastic tour of the facilities and then pulled out a great little selection of experimental specials. This was one of them and was my second favourite, after the fantastic brett-centric Raspbiery Lambic. I’d like to see more of both.

bozoNZ (778) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - JUL 9, 2007
More a fruit stout than a fruit beer. Lucky last firkin, well aged! Black, guiness like in the glass. Sweet yet tart. Intreguing almost lambic like sourness.