overall

RATINGS: 653   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
A robust porter, dark brown in color and full-bodied with a malty sweet taste. Deep roasted, yet silky-smooth! Two types of roasted malts, including deep-roasted chocolate malt are used to give this porter a rich, chocolately taste.

Kyauphie (1) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 28, 2012 does not count
I absolutely love the underlying chocolate and coffee sapor. It has a fantastic aroma of the same, with a beautiful rich, dark color and piquancy. It has a deep, smooth, sultry vim that I adore. I love Porters, but this is my favorite, though almost impossible to find, with that relish of my favorite, coffee and chocolate flavors.

BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - AUG 27, 2006
This was a spectacular porter! Nice rick dark porter color, body was perfectly balanced, nice amount of malt, with just a touch of hops. Flavor of chocolate/caramel/coffee. My new favorite porter...

MickeyGMcBride (1) - USA - OCT 17, 2010 does not count
Very smooth beer. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Wish I had some more! ;-)

KiDAcE (35) - Canton, Ohio, USA - FEB 8, 2007
Maybe it’s just me and my liking of chocolate. This totally fits my tastes. The aroma was that of malts and powerfull chocolate but not overwhelming. The taste is a combination of chocolate and malts which I truly like. Even the finish is chocolate, carmelish and nutty. A fine brew.