overall

RATINGS: 306   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 62   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
We took our award winning Siberian Night Russian Imperial Stout and aged it for 11 months in fresh bourbon barrels. The result blew us away. The dark chocolate malt yields a milk chocolate flavor that blends perfectly with the vanilla flavor from the barrel. The bourbon aroma adds the finishing touch.
2013 vintage: 10.9% abv, 58 IBU

DocLock (11103) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 27, 2012
Draft at Craft. Pours jet, thick, with a finger of clingy tan brown head. Nose is a huge, rich, complex mix of cacao, port, oaky bourbon, blackberry, dark malt. If your nose score isn;t 8 or above here you may as well retire from beer rating. The flavor is rich, complex, and intense; a (Rebecca) Medley of upfront dark malt, cacao, with mid-palate blackberry, huge oaky bourbon, vanilla, and cognac, and smooth, delicious finish with the beer/spirit boundary line being broken and craved, as I chugged the last 4 ounces of this, and would have stayed for a lot more had I not been driving. This one is a true SN offshoot, a true child of the regular parent, and a delicious beer. One of the best beers I have ever had. This just might be the best bourbon-barrel aged beer I have yet quaffed, which doesn’t surprise me, because when you take perfection and barrel age it, you end up with a more spirited perfection. Put that quote in the next version of the bible.

nathan30533 (1022) - Clifton, Ohio, USA - NOV 18, 2014
I really can’t find anything wrong with this beer. My friend gave me this one, told me to enjoy, but also let me know that it was like a ghost. This beer is so incredibly flavorful and the aroma is also amazing. The bourbon barrels really make this one amazing. Enjoy!

campbell3414 (1) - - MAY 14, 2017 does not count
I am new to trying anything other than bud light or pbr so this is a whole new world to me. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone