overall
RATINGS: 2323   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.01/5   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Big American Pale Ale with citrusy aroma- a hop lovers cult beer and Three Floyds flagship beer Brewed with Cenntennial, Cascade & Warrior Hops.
Alpha King is an American Pale Ale with a bold citrus hop character. We brew all our beers for our own demanding tastes. If youre unwilling to compromise on your beer, we urge you to try it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
sliffy (2040) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 2, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2006 Dark amber pour, medium head that lingers for a while. I love the finish on this one. After the aroma you expect a big hop flavor, but it isnt there initially, it builds in your mouth moments after the sip. A little doubt, before the reward. One of my favorite Pale Ales for sure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
illinismitty (2271) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 2, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 29, 2007 Deep copper color and nice head. Strong citrus hop aroma. Starts with sweet hops and malt, and has a medium/strong bitter finish. Perfect balance. A very well crafted APA, a top 5 american version in my book, and a regular in my beer cellar.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Historia (1) - USA - NOV 30, 2005 does not count
This beer is actually called beer? It does not even taste much like beer. I heard of how good this company is, and so I tried this beer. I think this is the worst beer I ever had. I am so disappointed. I hope that if I try this company again, I will be happy. But with this, I think it is the worst I ever had. I was at Becks Brewery in Bremen, and their bad beer was even better than this. This is a nasty grapefruit drink, and not beer. I wish I could have a refund so I could try one of their other beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
shanereid (75) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - NOV 27, 2005
Bottle: An amber pour with a nice head, lasted for a while on my 2nd bottle. i think I may have mispoured the first. Extremely hoppy... a savoured flavour. A top 3 APA Ive had, if not THE best.

blankboy (7425) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 26, 2005
Bottle shared with HogTownHarry -- courtesy of Dave B. Pours a clear bubbly amber with an average size lasting white head. Big aroma of fresh citrus hops -- grapefruit galore! -- with a touch of malt. Smells awesome. Flavour is delicious, again all citrus hops, but so well balanced with some malt that it goes down really easy. A very hoppy APA and a classic -- one of the worlds best.

HogTownHarry (6380) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - NOV 24, 2005
Bottle (12oz). Share with blankboy and Dave B, courtesy of Dave B. Poured clear oily amber with a smallish lasting beige head. Aroma of rich resiny/citrusy hops backed with woody roast malt. Taste is strongly of hops - rich, resiny, but above all else grapefruit - theres a little malt struggling to be noticed, but it goes down for the count quickly - long, long bitter linger, but its great. Full body for the style - I couldnt drink much of this because Im not a hop-head, but a superb brew.

GeneralGao (3614) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - NOV 22, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2008 Draught at Old Capitol Brew Works and Public House in Iowa City, IA. Turbid orange-red hue with foamy white head. Big tantilizing flowery hop aroma which comes out again in the flavor. The hop flavor is well balanced with the dry malty undertones. Slips smoothly along the palate. This is good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
KUEric (949) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - NOV 22, 2005
Bottle: Outstanding! Excellent balance of hops along with some citrus, malt, smoke, mountainous, falvors and aromas.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
eve (240) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - NOV 19, 2005
Pours a beautiful burnished bronze with a thin head. Fresh grassy hop aroma, big round complex hop flavors balanced with some fruity--pineapple, candied orange rind--malt sweetness, then more hops on the finish. This is my kind of IPA, dee-lish-us.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
pbjclimber (150) - Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 17, 2005
Poured an amber brown with two fingers of head that did not have very good retention. The aroma is of citrus and hops. The taste begins with sweet malts and then transitions into a bitter grapefruit hop flavor. This is a very well balanced beer.