overall
RATINGS: 2327   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.01/5   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Big American Pale Ale with citrusy aroma- a hop lovers cult beer and Three Floyds flagship beer Brewed with Cenntennial, Cascade & Warrior Hops.
Alpha King is an American Pale Ale with a bold citrus hop character. We brew all our beers for our own demanding tastes. If youre unwilling to compromise on your beer, we urge you to try it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jimmyh221 (157) - Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, USA - DEC 5, 2005
A very hoppy and biiter beer. A liitle bit too much for my taste, but overall a decent beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Thaichile (599) - 10aFly, New Jersey, USA - DEC 4, 2005
Bottle. Floral scents on the nose. Poured copper with a very nice puffy white head. Not expecting that level of hops in a APA, but more in a IPA. A very hoppy IPA at that.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MoreHead (355) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - DEC 4, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 17, 2007 Had during a beer tasting party. Poured copper and had aroma of ornage peel. Bitter finish which I m starting to aquire over time.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lethe (177) - New York, USA - DEC 3, 2005
Copper pour with signifcant head. Aroma is hop-heavy of pine and citrus with a faint breadiness. Flavor is something of a surprise at first with a malt smoothness that recedes before an agressive wave of hops that finish the taste out with a distinct dry character. A very good full-bodied APA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
sliffy (2040) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 2, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2006 Dark amber pour, medium head that lingers for a while. I love the finish on this one. After the aroma you expect a big hop flavor, but it isnt there initially, it builds in your mouth moments after the sip. A little doubt, before the reward. One of my favorite Pale Ales for sure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
illinismitty (2271) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 2, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 29, 2007 Deep copper color and nice head. Strong citrus hop aroma. Starts with sweet hops and malt, and has a medium/strong bitter finish. Perfect balance. A very well crafted APA, a top 5 american version in my book, and a regular in my beer cellar.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Historia (1) - USA - NOV 30, 2005 does not count
This beer is actually called beer? It does not even taste much like beer. I heard of how good this company is, and so I tried this beer. I think this is the worst beer I ever had. I am so disappointed. I hope that if I try this company again, I will be happy. But with this, I think it is the worst I ever had. I was at Becks Brewery in Bremen, and their bad beer was even better than this. This is a nasty grapefruit drink, and not beer. I wish I could have a refund so I could try one of their other beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
shanereid (75) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - NOV 27, 2005
Bottle: An amber pour with a nice head, lasted for a while on my 2nd bottle. i think I may have mispoured the first. Extremely hoppy... a savoured flavour. A top 3 APA Ive had, if not THE best.

blankboy (7578) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 26, 2005
Bottle shared with HogTownHarry -- courtesy of Dave B. Pours a clear bubbly amber with an average size lasting white head. Big aroma of fresh citrus hops -- grapefruit galore! -- with a touch of malt. Smells awesome. Flavour is delicious, again all citrus hops, but so well balanced with some malt that it goes down really easy. A very hoppy APA and a classic -- one of the worlds best.

HogTownHarry (6563) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - NOV 24, 2005
Bottle (12oz). Share with blankboy and Dave B, courtesy of Dave B. Poured clear oily amber with a smallish lasting beige head. Aroma of rich resiny/citrusy hops backed with woody roast malt. Taste is strongly of hops - rich, resiny, but above all else grapefruit - theres a little malt struggling to be noticed, but it goes down for the count quickly - long, long bitter linger, but its great. Full body for the style - I couldnt drink much of this because Im not a hop-head, but a superb brew.