overall
RATINGS: 2330   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.01/5   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Big American Pale Ale with citrusy aroma- a hop lover’s cult beer and Three Floyds’ flagship beer Brewed with Cenntennial, Cascade & Warrior Hops.
Alpha King is an American Pale Ale with a bold citrus hop character. We brew all our beers for our own demanding tastes. If you’re unwilling to compromise on your beer, we urge you to try it.

presario (4916) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - DEC 16, 2003
Loses marks with the light finish. Exotic fruity strong hop flavour. Delicious.

whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 17, 2005 Brunt orange color, swirling haze and a few flakes, light carbonation, and a thin white head. Nice citrus and floral hop aroma. This is a very hoppy pale ale with nice citrus grapefruit flavor that is exceptionally well-balanced by some smooth malt. This is a delicious beer and tied with New River Pale Ale for my favorite in this style.

eczematic (1325) - Adelaide, AUSTRALIA - DEC 9, 2003
i'm a bit mystified as to where the line is between APA and american IPA but who cares. this is more of the same, stacks of sweet caramelly stuff perfumed with stacks of resinny, tropicalfruitmix hops, + some nice sherbetty fluffiness in finish. soft texture, full bodied, but a bit too sticky and fruity to be a good session beer, not enough interesting flavour to be a good sippin beer.

duff (5484) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - DEC 3, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 2, 2005 Pretty nice stuff, quite sweet at first, then quite bitter towards the end. Rich palate, full of flavour, a soft smooth texture. Sweet malts, a nicely bitter aromtaic hops. Main flavours of lychee, pine, grapefruit (sweet). Satisfying bitterness. A slightly stronger version of an APA, Tasty stuff. Re-rate: i liked it a bit better this time and upped my score from 3.4!

Jon123 (36) - Emmaus, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 1, 2003
Three CHEERS for Three Floyds! The bottle unleashed a dark amber brew with a smallish head that left a slight lacing. The aroma was hoppy and full of citrus. IPA's/APA's are my favorite style and this ranks as one of my favorite. I drank 3 bottles for the 3 Floyds and could have kept going!

awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 29, 2003
Poured this one like a sunofabiatch. I hate it when I pour in a big ass hurry. Big and I mean big foam. The smell of the liquid was intense, of course it could be because it was flowing down my hand. First taste had the hop hit and then settled down to be a decent brew.

HopasaurusRex (195) - Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA - NOV 24, 2003
My favorite beer, hands down. Not sure if its an IPA or APA, but I could drink this every day and be happy. Wonderful hop aroma and flavor, and enough bitterness, but not too much. As much as I love Dreadnaught, I actually like this beer better.

raymow (1602) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 15, 2003
Nice amber color with a decent white head. Super hoppy in both flavor and aroma.

MrDick (381) - San Francisco, California, USA - NOV 12, 2003
Now this is the way an IPA should taste! This pours a warm amber color which draws you silently into it's womb before it unleashes the hounds of hell. The strongs hops are perfectly balanced with the butterscotch malt. Hints of citrus flavors flog your ass and make you plead for more.

motelpogo (7704) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - NOV 9, 2003
cascade and honey aroma. tastes of chamomile tea and lychees. smooth and classy, a good session beer but not mind-blowing