overall
RATINGS: 2325   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.01/5   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Big American Pale Ale with citrusy aroma- a hop lover’s cult beer and Three Floyds’ flagship beer Brewed with Cenntennial, Cascade & Warrior Hops.
Alpha King is an American Pale Ale with a bold citrus hop character. We brew all our beers for our own demanding tastes. If you’re unwilling to compromise on your beer, we urge you to try it.

hollardustin (327) - Indiana, USA - AUG 17, 2011
UPDATED: OCT 31, 2011 I’ve had this in bottles and on tap at Three Floyds in Munster, IN. Pours a dark amber with an off-white head. Amazing hop bouquet on the nose with pungent notes of pine and citrus and a hint of booze. Taste is very hoppy, citrus, grapefruit with strong hop bitterness on the finish. Really closer to an IPA than an APA. I love this beer. A must-try for hop-heads.

BayAreaBeers (85) - Fremont, California, USA - DEC 5, 2011
Pours a nice orange color with a nice 1 1/2 finger head. The Aroma is big citrus. It smells like a west coast IPA. Little pine with a touch of a malty character. The taste is amazing!! It is IIPA flavor with a very smooth backbone. The citrus and pine hit like a nice west coast IPA. Truly amazing!

jpjones1963 (3) - Virginia, USA - DEC 20, 2011 does not count
Hands down, one of the top IPAs on the market. Delicious. Only distributed in four states, so be sure to get one when in Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan.

Friarspoint (1) - Bristol, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - JAN 24, 2012 does not count
The is my favorite beer of all time. We can’t get enough of it in St. Louis. We have to get it ourselves in Chicago -- when we can find it -- and bring it back home!

Hoptimator (6) - Indiana, USA - JAN 27, 2012 does not count
This is probably my standard hoppy drink. Nice citrus hops and just enough malt to keep me coming back for more.

nsk79 (25) - Lisle, Illinois, USA - MAR 6, 2012
Alpha King is a complete and well balanced American Pale Ale. All elements come together to make this an outstanding all around beer.

DoublEE (782) - South Euclid, Ohio, USA - MAY 31, 2012
Aroma: resin, floral, citrus. Appearance: golden, amber, hazy, rocky head, tan foam. Taste: light sweetness, very bitter, It’s earthy, citrusy, and resiny all at once. Pineapple, lemon zest, orange and pine. Palate: sticky, medium body, lively, astringent, bitter. Overall: One of my favorites!

soulfd76 (1) - Batavia, USA - SEP 25, 2012 does not count
This is my favorite beer. It is a well balanced hoppy beer that will leave you wanting more. There is a reason why Three Floyd’s calls this their Flagship Beer!

Gsmtnbiker (1) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - APR 4, 2013 does not count
Excellent beer is all I can say. The best ale I've had in a really long time. Fantastic aroma, smooth, great balance, nice head. Loved it in so many ways. ---Grant---

Genjee (3) - - MAY 6, 2013 does not count
One of the easiest to drink beers. Great hop choices make for great aroma and hoppy citrus taste without the bitter after taste of an IPA.