overall
RATINGS: 343   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 390   ABV: 13%
A very complex Belgian sextuple, sweet with caramel notes.

zebra (2137) - Illinois, USA - MAY 18, 2015
on tap @ brewpub. hazy dark reddish-amber. sweet, intense, and yes! halfway through, cardamom.

BOSSbrewer (2705) - Arkansas, USA - SEP 5, 2013
Great. This was my first FFF and I'm a fan. Had this at the Beer Geeks of Northwest Arkansas.

Kevin (2199) - Montana, USA - MAR 8, 2005
red tinted tan. candy aroma with spicey yeast notes. fantastic aroma. taste is rich berry and dark fruit with a dry dirty tint in a good way. this is something to chew on. notes of sweet apricot and something similar to the bite of a good hot sauce. very nice. great hop notes in the finish, great sweetness and spice. wondeful. 3F’s needs to experiment like this more often. my favorite beer from the strong ale fest.

roguemonk (9) - Orland Park, Illinois, USA - JAN 12, 2009 does not count
Sextuple? Is that a double triple? Trancendent beer. I cannot get information from anywhere about future batches. Still have 7-8 bottles, but have to hoard them until I get more information.

cherr (162) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUL 4, 2008
I have had this beer several times. You really need to get a few guys togeither and just sip it out of 8 oz glasses. It pours rather thick. The smell is sweet with apricot and babana and clove. The taste is very seet and full. Overall probably my favorite beer right now.

StewardofGondor (1934) - Washington Heights - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 15, 2005
Tap @ GTMW. Love the new artwork, by the way. Semi hazy copper brown in color with no head. Aroma is cleansing, with attributes of yeast, anise, nutmeg, starch, recently dried clothes, orange rind and curacau. Holy flavor - it’s off the charts! Bitter-sweet orange crème with such a heavy, dense palate load. Nutmeg, cinnamon and sweet nectar pan out in this all out flavor brigade. Some caustic flavor element of honey soaked plantains serve as a spawn from the generative sweet malt support. Sticky, chewy and utterly uncompromising. Orange peel and honey in texture and taste. Such a cacophony of flavors. Some dactylic alcohol, but that’s bygones as this is utterly fantastic.

hero27 (19) - Iowa, USA - JUL 12, 2006
On-tap @ Three Floyds Brewpub... Listed on the beer menu as a Sextuppel. Artwork on the tapper is very cool (as always from Three Floyds) Shiny reddish/orange color. Aroma is mostly spices, yeast, sweet malts, and mild fruits. I really did not get my hopes up for this one, as I didn’t think an American brewery focusing on hops and extreme American styles could pull this off with much success.. I couldn’t be more glad I was wrong. The taste has the Belgian flair that you can easily pin down, but with a great fresh spice taste and a big-time sweetness that I swear has a life of it’s own. Rumor has it this beer’s huge sweetness comes from rare imported sugar from East Indonesia..at least that’s what they told us at the brewpub...but whatever it is, I’ve never tasted it in a belgian. The alcohol is very well hidden, but can be sensed by the nearly instant intoxication after a few sips. Mouthfeel is full and carbonation is quite low. This baby slides down as easy as a 4% pilsner..absolutely no agressive/harsh tastes..just sweet, spicy, perfection. Truth be told, American brewers can (and have) beat many Belgians at their own game..this is one clear example. Don’t get me wrong..i love a good true Belgian (from there) just as much as the next guy, but I simply cannot think of a beer at 15.5% that can top this killer. Damn, I love when breweries have the balls to come out with insane beers like this, because when they pay off, they’re simply incredible...and this one is.

decaturstevo (6244) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - FEB 23, 2013
Deep copper pour with light thread of lace around the top. Aroma is dark brown sugar and dried fruit. Huge dried fruit, brown sugar, and a nice abv warmth on the back end. Full bodied and smooth. thanks Matt

JPDIPSO (6223) - Wauwatosa, USA - MAR 30, 2005
Growler ala BBB63 @ the March Tosa tasting. Light brown color with fluffy beige head and small flicks of lace. Light smoke, soap and yeast aromas. Not the sickening soap the real light floral soap. Some mild fruit such as plums and raisins as well. Smooth, Thick and chewy: now theres a palate. Drink or spoon out of the glass. Real taste of roasted marshmallows, that I have had in only a few belgians. Spices of cinnamon, nutmeg and mace with a touch of herbal wintergreen. Warms the gullet ever so slightly. Really like the spicy character in this one. Pour me another big snifter and I’m done for the night.