overall
RATINGS: 667   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 80   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
This beer is brewed during the hop harvest with a portion of unkilned or “wet” hops fresh off the vine. Apricot in color, Broo Doo’s nose has dominant orange, pine sap and floral notes, balanced by a glazed nut and toffee malt body. This celebration of the hop harvest has intense tropical fruit, citrus and spicy accents that showcase the complexity of the hops we all love. October release.

puggy211 (712) - cordova, Tennessee, USA - NOV 28, 2008
22 oz. bottle from tjthresh. Pour is a beautiful orange copper with great layering and a perfect 2 inch off white head. The layering led to carbonation bubbles, which ended to a mostly clear beer. Aroma was present as soon as the top was popped, and is a nice fresh, citrusy sweet hop. Just a fully engaging nose. I haven’t had a sip yet, and I already love this beer. Taste is mostly the hop, with big hop initially focusing on the sweet ripe orange taste, yielding to some pine hop bitter in the middle and finishing with a very clean bitterness. This is pretty lopsided to the hops, but what do you expect from a harvest ale? I thought it showcased the freshness of the hops perfectly

Dmalone102 (223) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 27, 2008
I’m going to rate this against other fresh hop ales, which I am very fond of. My mom brought me back a bomber from her recent trip to Indiana. I thought the beer didn’t have a great balance, and the hops were more toward the bitter side instead of being as fragrant and "up-front" as I would expect from a fresh hop ale. There was a carmally presence in the beer, but it wasn’t as strong as I would like.

Dogbrick (14300) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - NOV 26, 2008
Sample at the Columbus Ratebeer gathering at ogglethorp’s 11/20/08: The beer pours a clear amber-orange color with a medium thin off-white head that diminishes steadily. Thin sheet of lacing. Fresh hoppy aroma with notes of pine and grapefruit. Medium-bodied and moderately bitter with flavors of citrusy hops, pine and malt. The finish is hoppy with a lingering bitter aftertaste. Good all around.

mahennin (16) - chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 20, 2008
Great smell of citrus hops upon opening. Smells great. Off white head, quickly dissipating. Great mouthfeel. Taste’s of citrus and grapefruit. Taste not as strong as the smell. I was hoping for more from the wet Simcoe’s. Definitely a must try just for the smell.

drfabulous (8808) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - NOV 20, 2008
Here we go. Long time waiting for this one. Lots of citrus and floral in the aroma. Smells great. I love that Harvest Ale aroma. Founders’ Harvest has it too as do a lot of West Coast hop bombs. Oh man. Lots of bitter. More citrus. Nice hops. And this lingering sweetness. Grapefruit. Pine. Damn. That is a great IPA. Full bodied. Powerful. A hop bomb. That’s how I like ’em. Thanks to Thomas for sending me this.

TearsforBeers (183) - Ohio, USA - NOV 20, 2008
Pours a very nice hazy reddish brown with small amount of off white head that leaves speckled lacing. Smells like citrusy hops, and pine not over powering though. Tastes just like smell, the hops taste "soft" has a nice sweet malt backbone and lightly bitter aftertaste Palate on this one might be my favorite part - it’s thin yet velvety and mouth coating This is a very good beer, the flavors are all familiar, but different enough from usual to keep things interesting.

That1Guy (2240) - Colorado, USA - NOV 18, 2008
Got this thanks to Honkeybra. Crushed with Jakebra. Hops. Very nice. What’s missing? Something is missing. Not as full-bodied as I’d like or the balance is off or I just don’t understand wet-hopping...? Still damn good, but it should be better and I don’t understand what the problem is.

BlackForestCO (1288) - Aurora, Colorado, USA - NOV 17, 2008
Bottle shared by Crosling. Poured a bright amber-orange color with a thin off-white head that faded to a ring. Aroma of fresh, leafy hops with some light pine and resin, as well as a soft undertone of citrus. Smooth, earthy entry leads into a moderately bitter, leafy hoppiness with some light pine and a light earthiness on the finish. Moderate carbonation, nice mouthfeel. Overall, a nice IPA.

3fourths (9367) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - NOV 16, 2008
2008 harvest ale. Pours clear red-tinted ruby colored body. Big perfumed dank melon and creamed orange, bright, wet, hugely green. Celery and sweet spinach, harsh, bitter, astringent, etc., assertive and aggressive, nearly impressive but a little too young and green.

Dango (26) - Snekkersten, DENMARK - OCT 31, 2008
Wonderful IPA - beautiful amber with grapefruity, piney nose with some mango. Lighter than Alpha king but with similar palate I thought - beautiful beer.