overall
RATINGS: 662   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 80   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
This beer is brewed during the hop harvest with a portion of unkilned or “wet” hops fresh off the vine. Apricot in color, Broo Doo’s nose has dominant orange, pine sap and floral notes, balanced by a glazed nut and toffee malt body. This celebration of the hop harvest has intense tropical fruit, citrus and spicy accents that showcase the complexity of the hops we all love. October release.

jimvy's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jimvy (131) - O’Fallon, Missouri, USA - DEC 15, 2008
My review got erased during posting...will try again later. Suffice to say, too much malt and not enough hop for a "hop harvest" beer. It has a balance similar to Alpha King, which is good, but I expected more for this type of brew.

phranq (219) - - JUL 2, 2017
Harsh in the nise bit my bottle wasnt fresh. Still taste is well ballanced sweetness and hops. Finish is smooth.

DocLock (10691) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 12, 2017
Shared bottle at Craft. Poured hazy straw with off-white head. Nose was resiny hops, pine, grapefruit, pineapple. Rich, complex flavor, a lot dancing around on the tongue, great hop bitterness coupled with tropical citrus. Outstanding.

AndyW68 (1542) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - DEC 25, 2016
Light haze to the otange pour with lasting white head. Aroma is funky citrus. Taste is funky citrus and malt. Very pleasant.

DialSquare (5031) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - NOV 29, 2016
On tap at Crest in Clintonville: amber-gold with frothy khaki head. aroma of pleasant grapefruit, floral. tastes are floral, herbal, dank, resiny - backed by citrus perfect balance. hint of tea vibe. long even floral bitter finish. super creamy and tingly palate. pretty amazing - I passed on other ticks to have another pint of this.

UDBeernut (2883) - Saint Johns, Florida, USA - NOV 9, 2016
cloudy orange amber with an active slight off white head. strong resin and citrus tones, dank. solid bitterness atop medium body. finish is dry.

RRistow12 (867) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - NOV 8, 2016
Tasted from a bottle. Pours a slightly hazy orange with thick white head. Aroma is huge fruit forward. Notes of grapefruit, papaya, orange, lemon, pineapple. Taste is moderate to heavily bitter. Flavors of citrus and tropical fruit, some pine and resin, a little floral flavor. Overall an excellent IPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

oakbluff (448) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - NOV 5, 2016
Bomber- pours a bright orange with thick white head. Nose - fresh tropical fruit, apricot and mellon. Taste- sugar cookies, slightly grassy but low levels compared to many other wet hop beers. dry resin finish. Crisp and very drinkable.

Terminus (3683) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - OCT 15, 2016
Bottle dated 22 Sept Pours bright clear orange with a small soapy white head with some whispy lacing. Nose is floral slightly catty sweet malt base crackers very solid. Flavors are very catty lots of tart tropical hops and fairly bitter yet balanced with sweetness. My main gripe is that it’s very catty on the flavors. Fairly dry finish I am thinking dry rye malt or maris otter.

Msgriffi (48) - - OCT 14, 2016
Very crisp all hop flavor in this brew. Good bitter flavor but very good over all. All hops in this with a touch of caramel malt. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Prufrockstar (2132) - Moscow, Idaho, USA - OCT 10, 2016
Bottle from Cappy’s Norwood. There’s a derth of wet-hop offerings on the shelves here that I’ve seen, so was pretty happy that these came to town. But I have to confess -- I find myself wanting to enjoy FFF brews more than I actually do. I’ve become more reluctant to pull the trigger, but it’s the right time of year to buy a $10 fresh-hop IPA I guess. I dig the commercial description of "apricot" in color -- I’d have gone with "pale", but apricot sounds more aromatic. Great head -- they sure do get good head. Aroma leaves a bit to be desired. I get apple juice, light orange, floral notes, a bit spicy -- sort of a hodge podge of what I just used to call "hoppy" 4 years ago with a healthy dose of apples. Moderately sweet, a fair bit of caramel to carry the assertively bitter finish -- again, something that 4 or 5 years ago I would have praised as "balanced," back when I wanted all the badass punch to the throat hop bitterness with a sweet front end. Palate: medium body, average carbonation, texture somewhere between oily and creamy. Overall: I wish I was hanging around this scene 10 years ago -- I expect brews like these could have been a revelation, and probably paved the way for a lot of the amazing brews I already take for granted today. But divorced from FFF’s history and pioneer status, it’s really hard for me to find much here that’s exciting, or demanding of a repeat at $10/bomber.

tl; dr summary (borrowed from OldMrCrow): Solid, but I’d rather have a 6er of Celebration.