Three Floyds Fantabulous Resplendence (XI Anniversary Ale)

overall

RATINGS: 209   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Three Floyds "XI" Anniversary Ale-IPA infused with jasmine

17thfloor (2444) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 11, 2008
11th anniversary bottle (as I’ve been told its a different recipe). Pours a glowing clear orange with a small white froth on top. Huge fresh piney hop aroma, resin stings the nostrils, followed by a hint of sweet malt/honey. Big salty, piney, resin, hop flavor, kinda dry at first... a touch of peach, finishes off-dry with some sweet sugary malts. I really dig it... a nice balance from a beer that packs a ton of flavor. Medium body, a little bit glassy and a little bit sticky, fine sizzling carbonation. Very easy drinking, more so than dreadnaught.

hopson (635) - Williamsville, New York, USA - OCT 13, 2008
bottle- number 500- delicious- that great FFF IPA flavor with a touch of floral jasmine that melds really well with the hop profile- only wish I had more.

patrickfannon (1242) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 27, 2010
Bottle. 25.4 oz. Split with James at 4:00 AM after he ran all the fucking way here in the middle of a goddamn blizzard. Pours an insanely bright, turbid amber-orange with a huge, craggy, fluffy beige head. Insane lacing. Spotty and spider-webbed. Aroma of caramel, honey, ripe citrus fruit, toasted malts, and some hints of lemon zest and oak. Fuller bodied with a smooth, malty, vanilla silky mouth feel. Finishes with tons of caramel and grapefruit. Outstanding IPA.

bretupdegraff (243) - Fishers, Indiana, USA - JUL 19, 2008
Bomber poured into slighly chilled tulip glass. Hazy golden orange with a small head. The head did not last long. Lots of flavor - Citrus with a nice hint of something else that my weak palate cannot yet comprehend. I like the level of bitterness combined with a bit of sweet. nice after taste (is that Jasimine?) I find myself drinking this just to get to the aftertaste. Good beer! As my experience shows with other FFF beers this one gets better as it warms. (Maybe my fridge is too cold)

502Che (999) - @, CAMBODIA - JAN 7, 2009
bomber into snifter. Clear honey brown color with nice white head. The aroma and flavor are both simple, stock IPA aromas and flavors, but are just so hop-juicy and balanced. The alcohol is hidden so well and the thing is just so damn balanced its unbelievable. This is so god damn dangerously drinkable. Overall: get this beer. Different but just as good as Alpha King. So on-cue with style. Just truly outstanding.

jredmond (8626) - New York, New York, USA - DEC 27, 2010
Bottle. split with Pat at 430 AM after running 4 miles in a blizzard. Pours a bright, amber-orange with a huge, frothy, fluffy beige head and insane lacing. Aroma of bread, caramel, honey, citrus hops, fruit, toasted malts, and some hints of lemon. Mouthfeel is extremely well balanced - I would have pinned this to be an Imperial IPA, rather than a standard IPA - notes of caramel, bready malts, vanilla, and citrus fruits - grapefruit and lemon.

merlin48 (656) - Jenkins, Kentucky, USA - JUL 19, 2008
Expensive($15) bomber found in Evansville, pours a hazy, caramel amber body that has an orange glow. Small beige head subsides into sticky lacing. Bold aroma boasts a plethora of hops. Vague grapefruit, earthy, grassy, floral, and spicy. Just a hint of caramel. Taste follows suit. Just enough of a malt presence to provide an ideal balance. Earthy and floral hops dominate, with but a hint of citrus. A floral/herbal presence emerges as it warms, probably the jasmine. Very artfully constructed, overall. No hint of alcohol until a buzz after finishing the bottle. A wonderful exhibition of how to showcase hops while keeping bitterness in check. I’m surprised at the mediocre ratings for this anniversary ale.

Nickls (2607) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - APR 27, 2010
(Old BA rate - tap at BCTC 08) Orangey and Amber, looked almost like some DIPAs even though it’s not Lots going on here with the added spices - definitely catch the jasmine and other floral aromas on top of the hops. Pretty complex for an IPA, with the jasmine again. Hops were not that overwhelming, but shown through and were true to style. Definitely interesting each sip. Smooth, and almost a little viscous to me. Not as much carbonation as expected. I easily worked my way through both samples that I had, almost a little too quickly. I wish I were able to get my hands on this more often. Overall, I thought this was a really great beer

inkubus27 (269) - highland, Indiana, USA - JUL 12, 2008
Pours a light shade of copper. Aroma comes through as a very clean american hop with some traditional noble hops?? Very nice mouthfeel, smooth yet with enough of a residual sugar profile to leave a clean finish. Overall one of the better IPA’s I’ve had in a while.