overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1639   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78/5   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
An American Wheat Beer brewed with red wheat and boat loads of amarillo hops gives this summer brew a lemony finish. The slight haze in the bottle is from the bottle-conditioning, where yeast is added to the bottle for a secondary fermentation. Gumballhead is a Skingraft Comics hero. Check out Skingraft Comics and Records at www.skingraftrecords.com. Cheers!

OFlan (14) - USA - MAY 28, 2008
Perfect score from me. This has become my favorite American beer, and what’s funny is I usually dislike American wheats with a passion. These guys do it right though. Wonderful, crisp, dry, wheat beer.. super clean, then this MASSIVE amarillo hops aroma and flavor dominates. It’s like a wheat IPA almost. It’s amazing and I highly recommend it to ANY beer drinker.

Allstar (33) - , Virginia, USA - JUL 14, 2009
This was a great beer for me. I had it on tap at FFF, and I was surprised when the bartender suggested it once I told him I am into doppelbocks. I have to admit it was a great choice. Light in color and great tasting. It had a light fruit flavor to it. Great beer.

ContemplateBeer (2089) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - JAN 3, 2010
UPDATED: DEC 11, 2016 Sixer from Old Town dated 11/30/16. Aroma: Light wheat and floral/botanicals with juicy peach. Appearance: Rich gold filtered body with a mesmerizing stream of slow, but constant carbonation holding up a sticky white head that settles, but never fades entirely. Flavor: Light wheat with floral/botanical notes initially; juicy peach takes over and is finally quenched by a light, drying pleasant bitterness. Palate: Medium body, sticky texture, lively carbonation, bitter finish. Overall: This earns a five from me due to a) It’s a beer that, when consumed, immediately makes me want another, and b) leaves me speechless with regards to what could be improved or changed. Worthy of the highest commendations.

dinkle50 (1531) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 29, 2011
One of the best wheat’s available today. Slight orange on the nose, perfect balance of citrus & grain in flavor. Great beer for warm days.

wolvie1174 (1) - Michigan, USA - NOV 27, 2011 does not count
Awesome beer, I haven’t found anything like in Michigan. I highly suggest but I have made road trips just to get it.

Popvar (3) - - SEP 26, 2012 does not count
Very tasty adult bevy. One of the best I’ve had from Three Floyds. Even though I love all their beers

olr1984 (1500) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - OCT 25, 2012
Picked up from 3 Floyd’s brewpub Cary out. The aroma of every fruit imaginable. Light gold in color with a heavy white head. Taste amazing. Over all perfect beer.

Laramik (9) - Crystal Lake, Illinois, USA - JUN 15, 2013 does not count
For those of you thinking this is just hype, it’s not. I’ve bought 10 cases of this so far and have paid 96 dollars for one of them. Aroma, absolutely unreal. I could smell this all day. I’m not even kidding. I know of no one that has tried this beer and hasn’t been astounded by it. It literally changes the game. When I had this for the first time it was like having beer for the very first time, I never had a clue any beer could taste this good. Add that to its beautiful color, head and undeniably beautiful aroma and you have a winner. It’s so different from anything you’ve ever had, I promise. Do make sure if you land your hands on this to ensure it is fresh, it does change in taste as it ages, and the wheat begins to get that chappy taste of blue moon. I love this beer so much and I credit it for my change to craft beers because I’ve searched so hard for it and never can find it so I now have found many other food beers.

Nstanny91 (1) - Indiana, USA - NOV 14, 2013 does not count
Woo fire woo fire fire woo woo fire fire damn!!!!!!! Delicious ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

robobeerbelly (78) - Wisconsin, USA - DEC 12, 2013
Hands down the best beer i had ever had. Do yourself a favor and go find one and drink it.