overall
RATINGS: 1569   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.69/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A bold Scottish ale with a complex malty body derived from roasted and crystal malts balanced with just the right combination of hops. This ale pours a deep ruby color, has a sweet malty nose with layered caramel and roasted notes and a full body. Robust yet smooth, Robert The Bruce is a malt lover’s delight.
2011 vintage - 7.0% abv

BBB63 (6557) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - JUN 29, 2003
On tap at brewery. Dark brown with a small off-white rocky head. Almost no lacing. Medium-bodied. Smoky, toffee, malty sweet, piney nose. Earthy yet crisp taste, good balance with just the right hint of smoke. Oily and soft mouthfeel. Dry finish. Recommended.

JonR888710 (999) - Cochabamba, BOLIVIA - JUN 26, 2003
This is my first experience with this style so it should be interesting. Cloudy, light-amber body with creamy head that doesn't stick around very long. Good carbonation. Smells of sweet malt and toasted honey with slight traces of acidity (think vitamin C pill smell). Thin to medium viscousity in the mouth. Complex flavor consisting of light hops, caramel, roasted chocolate, fruits AND all are wrapped in big-time MALT. Average length aftertaste is of sweet malt, subtle hops and yeast. Not my favorite style but certainly not below average.

1more4dessert (336) - Upstate, New York, USA - JUN 19, 2003
Well, it is hoppy for a Scottish but since I like the bitters it's fine by me. Nice Ruby red color. Substantial beige head w/lacing. A Scottish you can drink year round.

AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 15, 2003
Smooth drinking. Carmely, malt aroma and flavor. Fairly tasty. As smoosh say, I'm also surprised not to be overwhelmed by hops coming from 3F.

smoosh (536) - New Albany, Indiana, USA - JUN 4, 2003
Bottle - Malty! Something I thought I'd never say about a 3F beer. Light brown with a small beige head. Not like any of their others I've had, but pretty nice!

bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - JUN 2, 2003
Smelled like apples, and definately malty. My first beer from 3 Floyds, definately looking forward to more.

HopsOrDie (687) - New Lenox, Illinois, USA - MAY 29, 2003
Slight bread aroma. Malty tasting beer with a roasted, slight smokey flavor. I didn't think I would like this beer, but it was a pleasant suprise.

Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 20, 2003
Light ruby brown hue. Lightly smokey nose. Small sticky beige head. Very smooth. Medium bodied, great fruitiness, liight smoke in the background, and a hopped up finish. Very nicely done, I really enjoy this. These guys brew some hefty s***.

LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAY 5, 2003
Draft - My first taste of this Brewer's beer and I really enjoyed it. Very full-bodied and malty. Finish is long and dry. I can't wait to try the rest of their beers.

burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAY 1, 2003
reminescent of our childhood favorite beer... beer chang. primary taste is a smooth and delicious aftertaste.