overall
RATINGS: 1530   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A bold Scottish ale with a complex malty body derived from roasted and crystal malts balanced with just the right combination of hops. This ale pours a deep ruby color, has a sweet malty nose with layered caramel and roasted notes and a full body. Robust yet smooth, Robert The Bruce is a malt lover’s delight.
2011 vintage - 7.0% abv

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - AUG 11, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 12, 2003 You all are probably going to think I'm nuts. But I really liked Robert the Bruce better than I did the Alpha King!!! This is my first perfect score. Smooth as glass and lots of flavor. No bitter presense anywhere to be found. No head out of bottle but it was perfect for my palate. I had this after sampling the Alpha King so I will try each individually and see if my initial impression varies from the follow-ups.

Pecan (157) - California, USA - DEC 25, 2009
Amazing. Pours deep ruby color with a little off white head. Smells of malts, caramel, and chocolate with a hint of dark fruit and nut. Flavor is big and malty with subtle hints of chocolate, nut, and roast.

MTBRNP (2) - Anderson, Indiana, USA - JAN 15, 2013 does not count
This has been my favorite beer since I first had it in July last year. The flavor and finish are exquisite. The presentation grand, and the bottle simply awesome! Thank you- 3floyds