overall
RATINGS: 1380   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.14/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 50   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
A medium bodied single hop pale ale showcasing Citra hop from the Yakima Valley, U.S.A.

RoyDaDrinker (2) - - JUN 21, 2013 does not count
Rich, Pale Ale with an IPA-ish flavor. Everyone in ChiTown raves about this brew. It's really good, but I've had better. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

tectactoe (3125) - Michigan, USA - JUN 18, 2013
UPDATED: JAN 13, 2014 The most deliciously drinkable "pale ale" in the world. One of my favorite beers, all things considered. Citrus & tropical bomb on the nose; pineapple, mango, grapefruit, pines, oily resins. Translates perfectly in the flavor with substantial bitterness. Crisp body, wet finish. If only this stuff made its way to Michigan... I’d be in heaven. Could crush this stuff, all day.

Hiramhaus (4) - - JUN 17, 2013 does not count
Color a little light, and flavor after is pretty bitter quick. I like a hoppy IPA but maybe not quite the right hop for me. Good lacing, very drinkable, doesn’t get heavy too fast. 2.5 to 3 bottles and I am done. I would rate it better but I can’t give it what I would give TG Goldent Nugget.

Christian (13670) - Odense, DENMARK - JUN 16, 2013
Cloudy golden with a lasting white head. Citrus hoppy aroma with lots of peach and tropical fruit. Sweetish fruity flavour with a touch of toffee malt character. Bitter and hoppy finish

Laramik (9) - Crystal Lake, Illinois, USA - JUN 15, 2013 does not count
UPDATED: MAR 4, 2014 24oz poured from tap at 3 Floyds brewery in munster Indiana. While I could have enjoyed the service more, I could not have loved the beer anymore. Amy words I use will do it injustice. I guess some may consider it a little too bitter. So there I said something negative, but simply put, you won’t find a better APA anywhere in the USA. Aroma is so pleasant it’s ridiculous, taste makes you wonder how it’s possible it could even exist. Read below of you need someone to say something about its floral aroma, it’s awesome lacing left on the glass or how it’s alcohol content couldn’t agree with the taste better if it tried.

RespertFTW (521) - Michigan, USA - JUN 15, 2013
Bottle. This stuff is awesome. Murky amber color. Awesome grapefruit and pear aroma. Taste is grapefruit, tropical fruit, little pine, little hop. Just the right amount of bite in the finish.

tgncc (3132) - Bellmore, New York, USA - JUN 15, 2013
At the Savor beer fest. Easily one of the best pale ales made. The aroma is beautiful citrus, light tropical fruits. The appearance is clear amber, white head. The flavor is just like the aroma. Very drinkable. The finish is citrus. Medium in body. Excellent.

brystmar (1314) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 14, 2013
Deliciously pungent Citra hops tickle my senses. Pineapple, juicy tropical fruits, floral; ends with a hint of pine on the back end.

A marvelous concoction of hops, malt, and juicy fruits sails across my palate. There really isn't a better beer in this style: Zombie Dust trumps all (and has no peers). Wish I could drink this all day, every day.

Atheist_Peace (981) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - JUN 14, 2013
Tap at Savor. Clean amber pour with eggshell head that lasts even in a 2oz pour. Beautifully refined hop aromas. Lots of velvety citrus (how can a smell be velvety? I dunno but this shit is) with a lightly candied note and the faintest of malt profiles. Falls a little flat on the palate if you ask me. Still full of citric character but not as robust as the nose. Solid stuff but disappointed compared to hype.

jmagnus87 (2912) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - JUN 12, 2013
Bottle from my buddy Elliot. Thanks. Pours a hazy burnt orange with a half finger of off white head. Aroma of tropical fruits, citrus, pineapple and grapefruit. Taste is medium bitter. Loads of citrus and pineapple. Full bodied with a somewhat thicker texture. Lively carbonation and a super long finish. Overall, pretty darn awesome. I know people like to give three floyds static, but this is really good.