overall
RATINGS: 1380   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.14/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 50   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
A medium bodied single hop pale ale showcasing Citra hop from the Yakima Valley, U.S.A.

Godofthecellar (677) - NYC, New York, USA - JAN 15, 2013
Thanks Matt for the extra Light straw color, bright grapfruit and mango flavor. Very easy to drink with a suttle hoppiness. Wish I could have drank this a little fresher

jeremyh70 (1103) - Missouri, USA - JAN 13, 2013
Light amber with good head and lacing. Smell mango, grapefruit and grass with some sweetness. Citrus and grapefruit with mango taste and some bitter up front. Nice cracker malt in mid palate that carries thru. Soft mouthfeel that finishes dry. Excellent. Best APA I've had. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

kambei70 (1075) - - JAN 13, 2013
Piney citrus smell with a hint of carrot. Pours golden amber with small white head. Taste is ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

UDBeernut (2883) - Saint Johns, Florida, USA - JAN 13, 2013
bottle from khoffman... many, many thanks. Pours golden amber with a cream colored head with good retention. Intracate lacing rings my glass. Nose and taste are strong with pine, citrus, and light caramel. The bittterness is bold and out to make a point. Body is solid, and makes for an easy drinker.

vt3stick (103) - Chicago, USA - JAN 9, 2013
Pours hazy orange with lots of citrus in the aroma. Tart citrus flavor particularly grapefruit with a hoppy bite. Great use of the citra hops.

BMMillsy (1788) - Florida, USA - JAN 9, 2013
Pours hazy orange into my tulip with a nice big frothy head. The smell is amazing, as expected. Floral citrus hops that waft up at you like candy. Piney grapefruit flavor, hits right on. Not as bitter as I had expected. Less carbonation than I was hoping for, and the finish comes off slightly syrupy. I guess I was expecting all hops. Strong malt profile here. That's a nitpick though, as the taste is all there and I love the citra hop aroma. All in all, a great pale ale. But given the (unfair) excitement over this one, it is a disappointment without a 5 rating. Very yummy stuff.

OLDMANDUSTY (70) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - JAN 5, 2013
Thanks to bobbyberbiglia. Poured from bottle a nice golden orange with an off white head. Smells of tons of citrus. Tastes similar to smell but with a tad bit of bitter. Amazing.

dalepryor (305) - Paducah, Kentucky, USA - JAN 3, 2013
Had this new years eve, pours a golden orange with a thick frothy head, Ton of grapefruit aromas along with other citrus fruits, the taste is grapefruit juice very very bitter tons of citrus fruits just overall outstanding, hands down best pale ale i’ve ever had and I will be getting more and more of this!

balickma (2) - - JAN 3, 2013 does not count
pale, hazy, light sweetness, very bitter, medium body, bitter. By far the best APA I have ever had, and quite possibly my favorite beer.

DialSquare (5032) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 31, 2012
UPDATED: MAY 1, 2015 Have had this on tap a few times now since my original rating. People go crazy over this stuff here in Columbus and it’s good, but not "wait in a huge line and pay a premium for a pint/bottle" good. If it were six pack cans for < $10 it would be in my rotation. All relative I guess. ORIGINAL RATING 12/31/2012: 12oz bottle from Andersons in Sylvania. Yellow-gold pour with a huge frothy white head and lots of stick. Aroma is grassy, ganja and citrus. Tastes are caramel, orange zest, other tropical fruit, pine. Perfectly balanced. I have 2 bottles of this, but could go for a case.