Brewed by Three Tuns
Style: Barley Wine
Bishops Castle, England

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.1/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Cask, Special;

Most RecentTicked By

niquillis (2752) - Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ENGLAND - MAY 23, 2015
Cask at Holy Inadequate, Etruria. Pours like prune juice. Very, very sugary sweet. Lack of complexity for a barley wine. Drinkable but you might need some superglue debonder to separate your lips from the sugar!

TickerTerryDJ (633) - Redditch, Worcestershire, ENGLAND - JAN 7, 2013
Draught at Waggon & Horses,Halesowen.Last one of the afternoon 6th Jan.Poured light reddish brown with no head.Aroma of sweet malt,toffee and a slight fruitiness.Tasted of sweet malt and toffee with none of the metallic flavours these beers sometimes have.Went down the glass very quickly and but for the fact of it being too sweet for my tastes would have had another.

BlackHaddock (7404) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - NOV 3, 2012
My night-cap at the 2012 Shrewsbury Beer Festival on 1st Nov: glad I wasn’t driving the train home! Only had a third of a pint. Toffee apple in colour and almost in smell and taste too: the maltiness and sweetness is almost overpowering, add the alcohol feel and you’ve got a bit of a monster here. Strangely I thought it lacked depth of body for such a sweet and alcoholic brew: my taste buds might have been shot by the time I had this but it’s alcohol level brought me alive again and although this review might not sound full of praise I did enjoy my night-cap.