overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Van Steenberge
Style: Pale Lager
Ertvelde, Belgium

RATINGS: 111   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.35/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Tikka Gold a quality premium beer brewed with patience using malt, rice, hops, yeast and spring water. A Pilsner style with Indian character having a good balance of dryness and bouquet of hops and a soft malt character to complement spicy foods.

Hugh (214) - Zillebeke, BELGIUM - JUN 27, 2004
Tasted alongside some other pale lagers this was distinctly in the bottom percentile. Drab ordinary lager. However, having an entire crate of this stuff to plough through, I have noticed another peculiarity. If I drink one of these, I don’t sleep well. Any other beer & I sleep soundly, but there’s something in this one which keeps me from sleep. Not in a nice way.

mephisto (1294) - TAIWAN - APR 4, 2006
an alright pale lager. yellowish colored with white head, it’s crispy and a bit sweet.

stegosaurus (1882) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 31, 2006
Bottle sampled with Beerded_one pours pale yellow gold with a 2 1/2 finger thick head. Aroma of sweet malt, citrus, yeast. Flavor weak, sweet malts, carbonated, slight bitter finish. Not great, but drinkable.

lithy (2996) - Capital of Appalachia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 13, 2008
Sampled at the 12th Annual Knoxville Brewer’s Jam. Slight hazy golden with a simple white head. Very skunky sweetness nose. Light hops. More simple sweet pils tastes and an uncharacteristically long finish.

ARMed (625) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 30, 2008
Purchased at StateLine liquors in Maryland. I really don’t have a lot to say about this beer except that it is predominantly average at best. The aroma reminded me of straw or a cornfield. In an attempt to generate a powerful head I tried to pour with this intention, yet there was a minimal head that disappated in seconds. No lacing was visible. The color was a cloudy gold hue with no clarity. The taste was similar to a japanese or indian beer with a slight tart sweetness. It was not a bad beer, but I was hoping for a good beer, which is wasn’t either. I could see this beer being a nice acqaintance with a spicy asian or indian dish.

lusikka (7819) - Tampere, FINLAND - JUL 20, 2012
500 ml bottle @ Hoa Xuan Vietnam-Indian Restaurant, Tampere.
Pours a clear golden colour with loads of large bubbles and a large white head. Aroma of sweetish malts, flowers and grass. Flavour of sweetish malts, grassy hops, rice and weak spiciness. Medium bodied, slick mouthfeel and a light sweet finish with some bitterness. Goes very well with Vietnamese food.

dresden (1581) - Saskatchewan, CANADA - AUG 17, 2015
Had at an indian restaurant. Belgian? Weird, this must be Belgiums best beer. Pale lager, tastes like stale hops and a light malt. Not terrible, but...whatever

GG (2332) - NorCal, California, USA - APR 7, 2006
Somewhat dissapointing. I was expecting something really enjoyable but what I got was much, much less. I got a ton of corn in the nose with a soapyness that really unpleasing. The appearance was a nice clear, yellow color. The slight harshness of the beer was not enjoyable at all, and the flavor corn really didn’t sit right with me. A WELL below average Belgian lager. No thanks.

burpfrank (299) - carpinteria, California, USA - JUN 4, 2006
This had a great head.Color typical budweiser,coors,corona light straw.Aroma of hops.Body was a bit light.I thought it was maybe a step above the standard beers.will pass by next time.

jpm30 (1587) - East Central, Georgia, USA - SEP 29, 2006
From a stubby 500 ml. euro brown bottle with a coded freshness date on the back label. Poured a clear euro lager golden with a foamy, fluffy white head that settled into a thin sudsy lacing, small amount of ringed sticking. Aromas of cereal grains, yeast and a little grassiness. Good, if slight fizzy, carbonation and a softly crisp, smooth light bodied mouthfeel. Bland and boring taste, sweet neutral rice malts, cereal grains that have a slight metallic edge to them, a light spicy, grassy hoppiness and a dry rice and grassy finish. I didn’t care too much for this lager, but I guess if want to cleanse your palate while eating hot and spicy Indian food, this would do the trick, but so would ice water with a slice of lemon in it. This cost me $4.50 at a Indian/curry restaurant on Delmar St. in U-City/St. Louis.