overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 150   WEIGHTED AVG: 4/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
HandFarm is FarmHands that fermented and conditioned in freshly used white wine barrels from Chaddsford winery. 6 months in oak, and 4 months spent conditioning in the bottle.

jcartamdg (3530) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 12, 2013
Pours a hazy light yellow with a paperthin head. Aroma of amazingness, saison yeast, funk, oak, and white wine. Taste is funk, grapes, oak, saison yeast and more funk. Slightly tart, fruity yet dry. so balanced, so complex. I cant get over how amazing this beer is. I have a decent amount of tired hands’ beers and loved almost all of them but this is on a whole other level. Wow, just wow

daknole (11402) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - JAN 27, 2013
Damn what a beer. Thank you so much Josh Young. I mean THANK YOU! Pours a hazy yellow color with a nice white head. Aroma of saison yeast, dry white wine, light oak, yeast, grassy notes sneak in. Flavor is so unique and awesome. I get a hint of white wine, some wild grapes, oak, yeast, light vinegar notes...the balance of this beer is stunning. Wow.

kimjongill (207) - - AUG 19, 2013
Not usually one for the style, but tried to be objective. Bright yellow pour with white head. A bit cloudy. Aroma is strong and of lemongrass, wine, oak, and other fruit. Great mouthfeel with nice carbonation and frothy head. Taste is crisp and fresh. A little funk/sour from the barrel, but still sweet and full of the farmhouse notes.

AcctError236499 (226) - Oakland, California, USA - FEB 7, 2014
Bottle, Batch 1. Reviewed from two tastings (August 2013, Nov 2013). Thanks TheEpeeist for the first and bytemesis for the second! Aroma is rather vinous and funky with nice buttery chardonnay character, musty wood, hay, grass, citrus, lemon and sour grain. Very rustic indeed. Pours a pale cloudy yellow with a small soapy white head that hangs out for a while. Nice rings of lace as well. Taste follows pretty darn closely with an excellent tangy lemon bread, citrus, white wine, light butter, honey and grainy undertones. Almost seems like the epitome of rustic barrel aged saisons. As much as I love Saison Bernice, it tends to be more on the lactic side where this is grainy, doughy and lemon forward. I think it has a bit of an edge with more barrel nuances. Body is on the lighter side with medium carbonation. Finish is lightly tart, with some tannins and citrus. Definitely a top 3 saison for me.

JPDurden24 (1675) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - FEB 12, 2013
Rating #900!!! Cloudy yellow pour with a white head. Yeasty, grassy with some wine and fruitiness thrown in. Grapes with some oak, funk and light tartness. What a great saison!!

TURDFERGUSON (4068) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - MAR 1, 2013
Bottle, very generously shared by GT2 at RBWG. He put the bottle right in front of me and Adam and it sat there for about 15 mins as we tirelessly ticked everything around us. Great looking label--as if I would expect anything less from Gene. The beer did not disappoint. In fact, this and the 3F A&T were probably my favorite beers I tried at the grand tasting. This reminded me a lot of HF Ann which makes sense at it has a very similar treatment. Fuck yes. I wrote this twice in my notes. This is always a good thing. Pretty incredible this is only 5%. Thanks again, GT. Jean, keep up the great work!