overall
RATINGS: 611   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 33   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
This award winning doppelbock (8.2% alcohol by volume) lager is brewed with a generous supply of Munich, carapils, caramel and chocolate malts and is fermented with Bavarian lager yeast. The resulting caramel sweetness and rich mouthfeel are complimented by the mild bittering of German Hallertau hops. 1997 Great American Beer Festival Silver Medal Winner

gherr (1) - Destin, Florida, USA - NOV 10, 2006 does not count
I love this beer! Wonderful taste with solid carbonation, tremendous finish and balance. HAving moved from Colorado to the panhandle of florida I was missing this brew big time... when my local suds shop found it I took the 1st 5 cases right off the truck and into my trunk. If you don’t want a brew with this much volume try the maple nut a great intro to Tommyknocker even for non-beer drinkers.

bobbrew (8) - Yacolt, Washington, USA - MAY 3, 2005 does not count
This beer is fantastic! The closest thing I’ve found to the defunct Saxer Jack Frost Doppelbock. Salvator has always been a poor replacement for me. Now I have one, but sadly, only when I’m in Colorado. It’s been a while since a beer has given me goosebumps - 1993 Celebration, 2001 Harvest and , of course Jack Frost. Now, happily, I have another! Tommyknocker is Awsome!

julieimagery (182) - Coconut creek, Florida, USA - MAR 24, 2012
Great smell of caramel malts, very smooth palate. Not as exciting a flavor as the Sam Adams Double Bock, but a close competitor. But I would still prefer the Sam over this (but I can’t find it at the moment).

hotstuff (5281) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - JUN 18, 2003
Great taste! Great Flavor! Great Dopplebock! When poured into my glass this brew had a small tan head with small-medium bubbles that quickly diminished. The lacing was fair and there was carbonation with this brew. It had an excellent aroma of caramel and malt. The body was reddish brown in hue. The taste was very smooth and very enjoyable to drink. What a great drink!!

Wolfenstein (96) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - FEB 29, 2008
Sweet, malty aroma, with rather interesting hints of praline, cinnamon and brown sugar. Medium-dark amber color. Excellent lacing. Accents of milk chocolate and butterscotch. Finishes with a brief offset of hop and bitterness, along with some fading esters. Indeed, surprisingly tasty.

nathan30533 (1022) - Clifton, Ohio, USA - MAY 9, 2010
Smell and taste the fermenting yeast in this one. Great brew from Tommyknocker. Wonderful look and taste. Good overall smooth brew.

beerbuff99 (8) - Arizona, USA - FEB 16, 2002 does not count
A surprisingly good example of the style....................................