overall
RATINGS: 641   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87/5   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
A delicate amount of Maple syrup is added to each barrel of our award winning Maple Nut Brown Ale to impart roasted sweetness. This addition balances the nut flavor produced by Munich caramel and chocolate malts used in the brewhouse, producing a drinkable dark amber ale with a relatively low alcohol content. 2000 World Beer Cup Gold Medal & 1996 Great American Beer Festival Bronze Medal Winner

N3lson1 (1010) - Long Valley, New Jersey, USA - MAR 16, 2013
Delicious beer. Nice flavor of maple but not overpowering. The slight maple flavor has a nice sweetness to it.

GilesTH (8) - Colorado, USA - MAR 27, 2014 does not count
My first beer! I tried this as a young-un, and I fell in love with the flavor instantly. I think anyone interested in a good first-time craft beer should check this out.

EvilPuppet99 (37) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 15, 2012
Very good and a beautiful burnt red color. I had to try not to slam it. The maple syrup and spices blended perfectly for my palate. If I see this in a regular 6 pack on sale, I’ll buy it.

Bama_Hog1 (35) - Hoover, Alabama, USA - FEB 9, 2013
Best brown on the market. It is sweet by design. Read the name people, MAPLE nut brown ale. Great aroma, smooth sweet taste, and a medium mouthful. I love this one, but the imperial version is even better! If you are expecting a dry, hoppy brew, then don't rate this as if you expect it not to be a sweet brown ale for Beerness sakes. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Ambrose (141) - East Aurora, New York, USA - MAY 8, 2007
My favoh-rite tommy knocker. what got me interested in the whole tommy knocker deal. how could you go wrong. maple? nut brown? ale? OH MAN!!!! Thats like three great things all conveniently bottled inside a bottle. Highly reccomend this to anyone who visits the colorful colorado.