overall

RATINGS: 723   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.02/5   IBU: 50   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
This single hop pale ale showcases the Citra hop for a well balanced beer that is delicate in body with a mild bitterness in the finish. She roars with ferocious aromas of grapefruit, citrus, mango and evergreen. pseudoSue’s unique and addictive taste is clean and bright with just enough bite!

Admin Note: Previously brewed as a 5.8% ABV offering, current and future batches are listed at 7% ABV per a tweak and translating the beer to a larger 30 bbl system. Tweaks may continue to change this ABV slightly as they settle on an official end product.

Travitten (15) - marion, Iowa, USA - APR 7, 2014
Simply the best. Very clean and crisp. Malts really let those citrus flavored citra hop shine. I have yet to have a better APA. And I have been trying pretty hard.

BMMillsy (1788) - Florida, USA - JUN 16, 2014
Bomber from trade. Huge thanks! Pours clear golden with a hint of orange and a beautiful creamy fluffy white head. Aroma of big Citra hops, pineapple mango grapefruit, grass and piney notes, sweet honey. Oh yes. The flavor. Oh my god. Lightly sweet maltiness with massive pineapple mango hop presence, very light bitter. Some super raw hop vegetal notes. Juicy and resinous, easy going, medium plus carbonation , lightly dry finish. Oh my lord. I got goosebumps when this first hit my lips. Expected this to be very good but maybe not quite live up to the hype. I was wrong--this is essentially perfect. I don't know where to knock any points off at all.

sherdliska (3) - Fairfax, Iowa, USA - SEP 23, 2014 does not count
Fantastic beer, fruity aroma, hoppy and delicious. The more I drink the more I crave ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

MetalNHopHead (2182) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - SEP 12, 2015
Aggressive, balls-out hoppiness is a trait I admire in many Pale Ales and IPA’s alike, but sometimes, it takes a superbly balanced not-too-boozy and not-too-bitter ale to knock your brain clean out of your skull. No beer has really done that for me like pseudoSue did. The malt foundation is laid out remarkably. It absorbs all but a little of the Citra hops’ bitterness and lets mango, grapefruit, orange, papaya, and orange cream shine through. Some touches of grass, pine, cannabis, and evergreen as well. It’s inconceivable that beer with so little alcohol and IBU’s can have as much complexity and deliciousness. Yet, here it is.

josanguapo (1916) - SPAIN - MAY 11, 2016
UPDATED: MAY 16, 2016 From Labirratorium. In Teky glass. Watching Vinkings 4x10. Amazing in all aspects, but specially on texture, oily, with each sip filling your mouth completely, and very balanced. One of those brews that causes you great sorrow when then glass have finally em! ptied

swtness2020 (10) - Carmichael, California, USA - JAN 2, 2017
Love this beer! Crisp grapefruit flavors with a tropical punch. Wish I could have this all the time! Great label too.