overall
RATINGS: 43   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -
Double IPA aged in Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrel

jcnielsen (3416) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUL 21, 2012
Bottle. Thanks to bnielsen13. Pours an orange color with off white head. Aromas of oak and bourbon. Kind of tastes like a barley wine more than a double ipa.

Bacterial (3074) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - FEB 25, 2012
Nice head and lacing. Aroma is a little floral and a lot bourbon. Cloudy dark orange. Bourbon dominates the taste, but the IPA comes out as it finishes. I like it, but I also like boozy! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ryanfolty (2655) - Bourbon County, Minnesota, USA - FEB 26, 2012
Date: February 25, 2012 Mode: Draft Source: TH Brewery Description: Semi-opaque dark orangish brown with some head. Aroma was hoppy, citrus and alcohol. Taste was similar with a slight bitter finish.

dcschiller (2211) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - JUN 8, 2012
Thanks to Alpar! Pours a hazy orange-amber color with a tan head. Aroma of bourbon, vanilla and caramel. Taste is sweet and very much like a BA barleywine here. Medium bodied with a little alcohol burn. This was much better than I expected and I found it to be really, really tasty. One of the many highlights for me at Nick’s bachelor party.

DalzAle (2040) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - FEB 25, 2012
Tap. Dark hazy brown pour, syrupy hops, warming booze and a hot nose. Flavor is very well blended syrupy hops, caramel and a touch of mild bourbon which seems to round out any abrasiveness of the hops. Surprised by this one, much better than I expected!

kbutler1 (1382) - Minnesota, USA - APR 2, 2012
Bottle. Pours a nice rich, copper color with a large foamy white head. The bourbon on this mixed with the hops throws off a "different" aroma that I am not that keen of right off the bat. It’s very different than anything I have had lately. Malty and sweet with bourbon overtones. Overall, a dissappointment in this series but worth a try.

humlelala (1375) - DENMARK - JUL 15, 2012
(sample at Papsø’s; courtesy of steasy66) Pours a clear amber with white head and lace. Aroma is oak. Taste is malty nuts and oak. Texture is oily, full body, medium carbonation and a warming finish. Too oaky for my taste.

thome50 (1295) - Morro Bay via Orange County, California, USA - MAR 20, 2012
Bottle via kbutler1, thanks again Kevin! Pours a a medium brown with a faint tan head that is minimal to say the least. Aroma is vanilla, bourbon and malt. Taste is just off. The vanilla and bourbon overwhelm and I get no hops to speak of. I know it is a barrel aged DIPA which in and of itself means it isn’t fresh and the hops will fade but I didn’t find that the other elements of this beer made up for the variation in the style. Overall, a boozy mess that I just did not enjoy. Just taste like 4 year old DIPA with a 1oz of bourbon thrown in.