overall
RATINGS: 14   MEAN: 3.21/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
German style wheat beer made in a very similar way to Hefeweizen. The primary difference is that this beer is filtered, transforming it to a brilliant crystal clear beer. The characteristic thirst quenching flavors of Hefeweizen are still a major component, but they are muted and the beer is very smooth. A beer style that has gained popularity in Austria.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ChrisPants (317) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - SEP 13, 2005
I must agree with badgerben that there is a certain element of solvent in this one. However, I feel I must come to the aid of this uncomplicated rye-smelling and lavender-palating treat. I believe that I could fall in love with this style, mainly because I dont understand it and the only other kind Ive had is Weihenstephaners Kristallweissbier (sorry for the spelling). Not a bad mid-sessioner, and it really helped me cruise through grading some of my students papers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
badgerben (4973) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - SEP 10, 2005
Very light yellow color, getting very near to that clear area. Aroma almost reminds me of mead with a burst of honey, but slightly moldy too. The taste wasnt all that good though: mild honey covering up a thin layer of wheat. Unfortunately, my drinking companion said it tastes like model paint smells, and I really cant get that out of my mind because it was completely true.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - SEP 7, 2005
Im not normally leading the cheers on this style, as I like the hefe with my weizen, but have to admit this won me over. Crystal clear, honeyed yellow appearance, under a slim, soon-gone head...whoops, whered it go? Aroma, sweet, honeyish, light fruit, sly hops...very pretty. Taste: what was gleaned in the nose appears anew on the tongue. Slides smoothly down the palate, glides on the tongue and rolls down the gullet. Light/medium body, untroubled texture, nice wheaten taste, but dominated by a sweetness that remains unabated. Very clean and esily to toss back, with the sweet and the citric ringing through in every gulp. Lemon and honey hanging around in the mouth, bringing nothing but happiness. I like it, I like it...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JK (5944) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - SEP 7, 2005
Dark gold coloring, and only a little cloudy due to the filtration. Light wheat aroma. Light hefeweizen flavor; medium sweet wheat, a touch of citrus, with some sourness in the finish.