overall
RATINGS: 482   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.94/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%

Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - FEB 6, 2004
Perfect deep amber/bronze color, a great, milk-shakey froth, with tapioca-esque bubbling, atop. Aroma: intense citrus, grapefruit, pineapple, and pine, sharp, lively, and highly appealing hoppiness, all from Cascade, by the way. It's a powerful and potent nose, and I like to drink it in more, before I start to sip. Hops are the main ingredient on board the palate, of course, bitter, yes, but ever-so-tasty, and it's all over the mouth. Medium body, impressive mouthfeel, never-ending hop presense, just enough malt to back it up, with a long, sticky, delicious finish. Mmmm! The Mama gives and gives and asks little in return but your gratitude and appreciation, and that you return to drink of her again, not a hard promise to keep, I assure you. My favorite beer, one I've grown to adore over the years and return to again and again. Hopheads of the world, Minneapolis beckons!

Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 22, 2009
In short: An incredibly intense “small” IPA focussing of intense foresty dry bitterness. Very tasty dry. A fantastic beer. My desert Island American hops fix.
How: Growler, a million thanks to oakbuff (Scott) for this unexpected gem. Drank fresh the day I received it
The look: Clear shinning golden copper body topped by a medium off-white head
In long: Enchanting strong nose of resinous and foresty hops. A very big body for such a small IPA. The toasty caramelized malts sweetness are quickly taken over by a very tasty intense bitterness and a surprisingly dry finish. Very resinous with coniferous bark. The pine tree flavour is very dry and feels like chewing on dried pine needles with the juice sucked out. Very light on the fruity side with only hints of dried fruit peels (orange, citrus). A little fluffy and dusty. The dryness of this IPA is off the chart. This beer is more intense than most 9% Imperial IPAs but is more refreshing and highly drinkable. Clearly one of the best hop-fix I’ve ever had and without any doubt the best below 7% hop-fix I have had. It may not have the intensity of the best IIPAs out there (Dreadnaught, etc.) but I cannot think of an American (I)IPA I’d like to drink more often. As much as I love the stronger IIPAs if I had to chose only one American hoppy beer to drink for the rest of my life it would be this one. Hence the perfect score. Too bad it’s only available on tap. Growlers are expensive to ship and shipping price from USA is proportional to the weight. It’s a good thing for Americans that this pricing rule doesn’t apply to plane tickets.