overall
Brewed by Trafalgar Ales and Meads
Style: Mead
Oakville, Canada

RATINGS: 60   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.54/5   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Derived from the simple mixture of fermented honey, water, and yeast, the art of mead-making reaches back thousands of years, peaking in the Middle Ages. The spiritual and cultural significance of mead has been celebrated throughout the ages. Trafalgar’s Mead Braggot adds premium hops and malt to the ancient recipe, creating a delicious, refreshing drink unlike any other!

KurtHermann (1) - CANADA - NOV 27, 2012 does not count
I was really surprised after my first mouthful. Very refreshing with a light honey after taste.

NorthRider (1) - - FEB 28, 2013 does not count
I have been a beer drinker for as long as I have known. I predominantly drink Guinness and Kilkenny with a favourite domestic thrown in. I have now discovered "Trafalgar’s Baggott Mead". The best word to describe it is "amazing", maybe even "outstanding". I feel this could be my beverage of choice for the rest of my life, except for one humongous problem. For one 500ml stoneware bottle you have to pay 9.99!!!!!!! it is bottled in a different type of bottle, with a not so ridiculuious price tag, I feel this brew will explode in sales and consumption. There is a big difference in production consistency. I have had to return a few bottles to the LCBO, but when it is good it is spectacular. I am only giiving this brew a 4.8 out of 5 only because they can occasionally, "hit the nail on the head"! Once the brewery gets it’s consistency right, the world will be a better place. North Rider

mikenebbs17 (7) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - APR 17, 2013 does not count
Amazing beer, slightly strong but with a taste of honey. Shame its only a seasonal thing -- rated via 'Find A Beer' for Blackberry 10

Yamato (39) - Tokyo, JAPAN - JAN 20, 2015
I think Robin Hood was drinking this beer in the movie(Russell Crow one). Golden color, surprisingly little head. Of course honey aroma, apple. Alcoholic aftertaste, little hop. Refreshing, pleasant honey taste. Good for a break, if you want something not hoppy.

azzurro (333) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - APR 12, 2017
Great initiation to mead. Great taste, not too strong. A good reference point.

DeanF (2470) - Alberta, CANADA - MAY 5, 2013
I always love these fancy jars and packages for beers, but of course when you splurge on such things it’s a risk that the quality of the actual beer can be compromised.... but the jar throws me back to 1500 when I was in a smoky tavern, wood and feces galore, sailors just back from the New World regailing me with stories, urging me to open it before the pressgangers stormed tha place.... Very little pressure pulling the cork off, obviously not much yeast in the mix. Soft aroma of yeast and apple. Foggy body with just a small head, but solid and reliable. The flavour, though - the flavour! A great mix of light ale and mead, cider notes, incredibly well balanced. It’s not a mead, yet it is, as it delivers mead taste with a decent beer carbonation on the back end. Modestly dry finish. This is a good experiment that turns out as a success.

SoberDave (182) - Escondido, California, USA - JAN 2, 2015
Sweet white wine aroma. Nice clear crisp colour and foamy white head. Deliciously sweet with a hoppy bite otherwise not a ton of flavour.

Atheist_Peace (981) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - JAN 25, 2013
Hazy golden pour with no head. Super rich cider nose with lots of floral and honey notes. Tastes a lot like an iced cider, pretty sweet, concentrated apples. Pretty full, mouth coating body.

Bendrixian (1514) - Canadiana, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 10, 2013
Hazy golden colour. aroma of green apple, cider like, barley and a hint of honey. similar flavours and a very barley rich presence with a hint of sourness. decent.

deleeuwman (1) - - APR 26, 2013 does not count
It is indeed a nice refreshing drink that has a pleasant after taste and settles smoothly in the stomach.