overall
Brewed by Tree Brewing
Style: English Strong Ale
Kelowna, Canada

RATINGS: 50   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

ljthiessen (1448) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - APR 20, 2014
Bottle. Clear amber pour with an off-white head. Aromas of vanilla, candy and light citrus. Flavour is candy, caramel, vanilla and spices. Not one of the better winter ales I've tried.

exeter (569) - calgary, Alberta, CANADA - APR 12, 2014
Vanilla smell in this beer is a the strongest thing you’ll notice. It also has a nutty flavour mixed with brown sugar. Some bubble gum at the end.

piscator34 (2663) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - MAR 15, 2014
Bottled sample. Pale copper in colour with medium carbonation. Aroma is of florals and sweet caramel. Flavours are heavy on vanilla, backed by whole wheat toast, pudding, and white pepper. Lightsh bodied and oddly astringent. A strange one.

MarkQ (83) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 16, 2014
If you like cream soda, you’ll love this beer. If you don’t like cream soda, you’ll hate this beer. I don’t like cream soda.

bulldogops (2740) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - DEC 25, 2013
Rating #857 - December 24, 2013. Amber brown pour with a minimal tan head that fades quickly to a ring. Aroma is toffee, chocolate, vanilla, Strong malty notes predominant, slight roasty bitterness. Light bodied, balanced sweet winter ale that is beyond crushable.

Cinctus (206) - - DEC 25, 2013
Very sweet, kind of fruity almost like Christmas pudding. Very drinkable, would have again.

Reimer96 (1778) - Alberta, CANADA - OCT 26, 2013
UPDATED: JAN 1, 2015 Pours a clear light amber with a small white head that dissipates quickly. Aroma of caramel, vanilla, chocolate and some spiciness. Taste is vanilla, nuts, light chocolate, roasted malts and a nice mild bitterness on the finish. Overall a nice winter ale but a bit too artificial in the flavors.

andrewturba (1190) - Alberta, CANADA - JUN 16, 2013
Pours a clear copper with a lasting thin white head. Aroma is vanilla, sweet chocolate, and mild spices. Flavour is vanilla, nutty, caramel, roasted malts, chocolate, and a mild bitterness. Not as overpowering as some say and from the Aroma the Flavour is more tame than one might expect.

koppertone (63) - Alberta, CANADA - MAY 20, 2013
I guess the problem with trying the clearance bin beers is they’re all out of season. So you don’t get to drink them during their intended target and there is also the possibility that they’ve gone bad.

I had been recommended this beer but I’m really not a fan. It overwhelmingly tastes like Vanilla with a hint of espresso. I had a lot of trouble tasting the underlying beer. It almost reminded me of what it would taste like if you took a bottle of Molson Canadian and dumped in an Irish coffee. I’m already not that excited about the components separately; when you add them together it doesn’t make things better.

I guess I could see how it might seem alright around Christmas, but personally I’d rather just have Baileys. Again though.. my wife liked it.

dreamflower (792) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - APR 6, 2013
Bottle shared with northropfrye. Well, I love vanilla a lot, so this beer wins me over based on the subtle (but definitely apparent!) vanilla aroma, and taste. I like the shimmery appareance as well. So nice to enjoy a winter ale with a vanilla twist.