overall

RATINGS: 18   MEAN: 2.92/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92/5   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
India Pale Ale with full flowery hop aroma and bitterness, medium malt character. Dark amber in color. Medium body. 6.9% Alcohol by volume.

garthicus' rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
garthicus (2963) - Dublin, - MAR 9, 2007
Very interesting, I had this at a roadsidegas station some years ago, all i really rememberis that I really liked it!!!

ads135 (5215) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - NOV 14, 2017
Pretty decent IPA. Tried for the first time in 2008 in the summer before the brewery closed. Dry and sweet. Amber color, malty and piney aroma. Pleasant.

Bill Becker (2010) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 10, 2017
From Apr 2008 This pours from 22oz bottle(brew batch #41 on week 2 of March 08) a slightly hazy orange gold with a good 2 finger head of foam. Pretty good head retention and there's a bit of lacing. The smell is really hoppy with a big piney profile and a small but definitely there note of malt sweetness. You just have to take some deep whiffs to get to it. ;^) Taste wise again, the piney hops are in control, along with a melon sweetness and some bready tones trying to give this IPA some balance but I fear it falls way short. This thing is like sucking on a pine cone, it's *that* piney and while I do like a bit of that flavour in some of the IPAs I've tasted before, this one takes to a level that I don't really care for. It has a nice medium mouthfeel and the carbonation is light so...appearance & mouthfeel are certainly the best points of this brew. Drinkability? For me, it'll be kind of tough to finish off the bomber but in no way is it a drain pour. Cost: US$4.99

DarkElf (3067) - La Jolla, California, USA - FEB 18, 2011
10-May-08 (22-oz bottle: Shared by SDbruboy, thanks Cliff!) Dusty, citrusy, light piney hop flavor, but somewhat acidic with some mild plastic phenolics in the background. Toasty malts are very lightly roasty, but these seem relatively far in the background. In the nose, dusty and tart citrusy hops dominate, but tart stone fruits and plastic phenolics show more presence when the beer is swirled in the glass. And as in the flavor, the malty aromas are subdued and remain pretty far in the background. Medium in body and medium-high in carbonation with a dry, almost cottony mouthfeel. Dark ruddy-amber, hazy body is capped by an inch of off-white head that shows solid retention and is easily rejuvenated with some swirling. A naked patchwork of spotty lacing is left on the glass.

arrogantb (1402) - Denver, Colorado, USA - APR 29, 2009
22oz bottle bought for $4.99 at Lukas with no freshness date. The color is a solid orange-amber with a healthy off-white head. The first smell makes me think of butterscotch but then becomes flowery hops as indicated on the label. The flavor has a vegetal hop flavor and then the butterscotch shows up on the finish. I’m no expert beer-taster but I think this one has too much diacetyl. As I made my way through the bomber my stomach got really upset and I had to pour the rest of the beer out so the drinkability gets the lowest score possible . I’m scared to try the Imperial Red next. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 03-29-2008 23:21:24

HLGIV (14) - Golden, Colorado, USA - MAR 14, 2009
Draft from brewery. Wonderful bouquet dominated by floral aromas and a faint resiny smell is also detectable. Great taste starts with the green bitterness and fades into mild bitterness and malt flavors. I really enjoyed this IPA.

Crosling (1864) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JAN 31, 2009
Bronze colored brew with a full sized creamy white foam. Fairly nice nose with some lemony and brightly fruity notes from the hops along with some well extracted dessert-like malts. Sweet malts with notes of spruce from the hops. Tea-like. Different.

BeerandBlues2 (14027) - Escondido, California, USA - JAN 10, 2009
Draught at brewery. Pours clear orange with a small, fizzy, white head, mostly diminishing with spare lacing. Aroma is average malt (hay, straw, meal), heavy hops (herbs, pine, citrus, grapefruit), average yeast (sweat, earth) with notes of apple and pear. Medium bodied, sticky texture, lively carbonation, and a bitter finish. Average duration, light sweetness, heavy acidity and bitterness.

Ernest (7890) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - DEC 25, 2008
Bottle. Head is initially average sized, frothy, off-white, mostly diminishing. Body is medium to dark amber. Aroma is lightly to moderately malty (toasted grain, caramel), moderately to heavily hoppy (resin), with a note of plastic. Flavor is moderately sweet, lightly to moderately acidic, lightly bitter. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly to moderately acidic, moderately bitter, husky. Medium body, watery texture, lively carbonation.

joe1510 (501) - Illinois, USA - OCT 1, 2008
22oz Bomber Bottled 4/08 Another brew in a recent trade with russpowell, thanks again Russ. Drop City pours surprisingly dark for an IPA. The appearance is more along the lines of an amber with dark ruby hues. A ruddy two finger off white head formed on the pour and as the larger bubbles burst the head began falling leaving sticky chunky lacing on its way down that eventually fell back into the body. Very few large carbonation bubbles rise to the surface. Half way through the glass the head is now a tiny ring and that’s it. The nose on this IPA is VERY non-IPA like. As a matter of fact it’s unlike any beer I’ve encountered in the past. Are you ready for this? As soon as I stick my nose in the glass I’m greeted by a huge amount of moist, freshly cut cedar. I actually really enjoy the smell but not in an IPA and not so much in something I’d like to drink. Let’s see where this goes. There’s a little of the wet fresh cut cedar right off the bat but it morphs into an earthiness rather quickly. There’s a bit of sweet maltiness along the lines of crystal and a slight caramel quality. The swallow brings a lazy bitterness and a mouthful of cedar. I don’t even think this is what the brewer was going for. It does grow on me but not what I want in an IPA. The carbonation is on the lower end of the spectrum and lets the medium body work through on its own. Drop City finishes a bit dry with a growing bitterness on the tongue. I’m going to finish this bomber but that’s all I could or would want to drink in a sitting. The flavors are just too...out there for me to enjoy anymore then a bomber. This beer isn’t all that bad but it’s not an IPA in any way, shape, or form. The bottle describes this as "Deep golden color, full flower hop aroma and bitterness...". I haven’t come across one of those things. This is my second offering from Trinidad and most likely my last. Both samples came no where near the styles listed on the bottles and both fell pretty flat. 5/18/08

uhclem (431) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JUN 12, 2008
22oz bomber. Batch #53. Looks like a red beer. Beige head and nice lacing. Earthy aroma, along with vanilla and pine. Taste recreates the nose, with a huge explosion of hops. Mouthfeel is smooth albeit a bit thin. Good strong hoppy aftertaste.