overall
RATINGS: 94   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our flagship beer, and a true example of the style, the Railsplitter India Pale Ale (IPA) is a fresh golden brew with noticeable citrus and floral aromas balanced on a nice malty backbone with a dry finish.

Mokeefe11 (1) - - OCT 18, 2011 does not count
Top notch everyday IPA. Reminiscent of Goose Island IPA which is a high compliment.

mrohia (283) - Ohio, USA - MAR 6, 2013
Tavern on South. Indianapolis. Draft. Beautiful copper. Off white head, long-lasting lacing. Wonderfully bitter and hoppy. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

rfm3 (10) - - SEP 10, 2017
What a nice surprise as we visited Indy and after an 8 plus hour drive this went down easily ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Shagtastic (4) - Indiana, USA - SEP 8, 2012 does not count
Really love this beer. Mix of citrus and piney hops make this one a home run for me. Best IPA out of Indy hands down.

brewsWITHbeer (7) - Indiana, USA - NOV 21, 2012 does not count
Bottle. This beer is a beautiful deep copper color. Pours with a thick 1 finger head. Clear with light lacing on the glass as I drink it down. Aroma smells of orange juice and grapefruit. A touch grassy, probably from dry hopped cascades. Not all that strong and a bit 1 sided. As the beer warms I can pick up some toasted malt. Flavor is nicely balanced between hop flavor, malt, and bitterness. I get mostly caramel flavor from the malt but there is a certain "richness" in the background that I really like. Finishes with enough bitterness to clear the palate for the next sip while still being very drinkable. This is a really solid IPA. A bit maltier than a "west coast’ IPA so I probably won’t look for this much in the summer.

Luvystypotables (2099) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - OCT 15, 2013
Caramel colour with a nice head, great lacing. A complex nose of floral, citrus, especially grapefruit and orange. A taste of grapefruit rind, bttier but not overly bitter. Dry finish sligthly bitter.

Woweezowee (31) - Indiana, USA - JAN 6, 2014
To me this beer taste, smells, and looks a whole lot like Founders Centenial IPA, which definitely isn’t a bad thing. Almost a clone in my opinion, aside from a lighter mouthfeel, and possibly a little less malty aftertaste. Totally surprised me; easily the best IPA I’ve had that’s made in the indy area. Bitterness is perfect for this style of IPA and never overpowers the other flavors. Carmel malt forward IPA with near perfect balance; if you like a little malt with your hops you’ll enjoy this beer. Maybe a whole lot.