overall
RATINGS: 1645   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.94/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 93   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Squeeze those hops for all they’re worth and prepare to pucker up: Tröegs’ newest single batch brew, Nugget Nectar Ale, will take hopheads to nirvana with a heady collection of Nugget, Warrior and Tomahawk hops. Starting with the same base ingredients of our flagship HopBack Amber Ale, Nugget Nectar intensifies the malt and hop flavors to create an explosive hop experience.

While the brewery considers this an "Imperial Amber Ale" RateBeer considers it an IPA due to the hopping rate. There is no need to send any other corrections on the style.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
BeerGestapo (754) - Mt.Joy, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 3, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 6, 2008 (USA) Clear Amber color with Sm- White head. It smelled like Cat Piss!!!! The taste just as bad, A cross between Pine Needles and Air refresher, Dreadful.......

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheRealBastard (145) - The-No, California, USA - MAR 3, 2008
I can drink this beer all day long. This is truely an all day drinker for me. I say the same about the Hopslam, but this one won’t have you hammered after four of them. Aroma and taste is sweet pine and tangy hops. The pour is amber with a nice white head. This is my favorite Troegs beer so far. Bring on a case!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
epf33 (227) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - MAR 3, 2008
a beautiful aroma, an amazing test, this is the best of the Troegs beers, pour it into a glass and it’ll shimmer in the light

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
georgehog (18) - Delaware, USA - MAR 3, 2008
Nice amber color with quickly dissipating white head. Aroma is big and piney. Pretty thin body with strong piney, hop presence, and a metallic finish. No malt to speak of, pretty one dimensional.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MaltOMeal (1094) - Land of Sugar, Texas, USA - MAR 2, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 17, 2009 12 oz bottle thanks to Johnykat. This poured a clear amber with a thin off-white head. Good lacing. Smell was very appealingly sweet with citrus, pine and caramel malt. This was very tasty with a good balance of citrus hops and malt. Mouthfeel was medium with carbonation and a good bitterness at the finish. Very good IPA. Glad I got more than one in the trade.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
moseslikesbeer (183) - conestoga, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 2, 2008
had this at a tasting with the devonshire bro’s. first off I must say that I am a Troegs fan. they are a local favorite of mine. however I am not a "hophead". and this beer is for hopheads alone. someone pointed out last night that this beer smelled like cat piss, standing there with beer in hand I had to agree. smelled of cat piss and a tad bit o’ grapefruit. It looked good for an IPA. My friend afireinside96 told us that this was good for an IPA and I will have to take his word on that because I have not had an IPA that I have liked yet. overall, I don’t care to have this "cat piss" again. I believe in a thing called balance and this brew has none to speak of. so hopheads unite and enjoy the hops. If you are like me and want a little balance with those hops STAY AWAY from this beer.

Alldaydrinker (559) - Norwood, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 2, 2008
12 oz bottle courtesy of beastifan2k. Pours an clear amber color with a small off white creamy head. Nose screams warrior hops grapefruit, citrus, floral and caramel malts. Initial taste begins with resiny grapefruit, moderate bitterness, from the aroma I was expecting more. Mid palate demonstrates a light to medium caramel sweet and stickiness. Finishing with a rounded bitter tomahawk hops that feed the long palate duration. Mouth feel is light to medium body. Minor head retention and thicks sheets of lacing. Easy drinking and flavorful.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAR 1, 2008
Bottle - I was surprised I have not rated this beer. Pours an amber color with a nice head and incredible clarity. Intense pine cone aroma. This beer has a perfect balance of hop bitterness and rich malty flavor. An excellent balance of the two differing styles of IPA - too hoppy or too malty. This is the perfect balance. I expect to pucker up on the finish, but that doesn’t happen. It’s a nice clean finish that leaves you craving more.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
agl108 (1189) - Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 29, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 24, 2008 12 oz. bottle at Flat Rock Saloon. Poured deep copper with thin head and mild lacing. Sharp hop bite initially that becomes smoother as the beer warms. The Warrior hops are a bit much for me, there’s some astringent quality to them. A bit thin bodied overall. Good, but not great.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DietPepsican (1587) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - FEB 29, 2008
pours amber with thin white head. Juicy hop aroma. Flavor isn’t as hoppy as expected. Light hops, malt, caramel. Finishes clean, decent carbonation. very sessionable.