overall
RATINGS: 735   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74/5   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
At Tröegs, artisanal meets mechanical in a state of IPA we call Perpetual. Cycling through our HopBack vessel and dry-hopping method, this bold Imperial Pale Ale emerges rife with sticky citrus rind, pine balm and tropical fruit.

jerwinch (3) - - JUN 17, 2012 does not count
Nice dry, hoppyness throughout. Pale yellow-orange color and piney/citrus aroma. No-nonsense hops. Very little malt. Quickly becoming one if my very favorites.

streve (105) - Maryland, USA - JUN 15, 2012
12oz bottle. Pour was a nice clear golden color with just under 1 finger of white head. Aroma is mostly pine with a hint of pineapple and caramel. Mouth is hoppy from start to finish with hints of grapefruit and lemon. Not much lacing. Pine isn’t my favorite characteristic in an IPA and my palette didn’t seem to disagree. We’ll see on the next five.

boxofrane (2553) - Spring City, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 12, 2012
Bottle from Pinnochios. Pours crystal clear yellow with a finger of white head, a little lacing, and tons of carbonation. Aroma is massive pine. This is about as floral as a single IPA gets. Taste is bitter. This is not your balanced IPA; this is a bitter bomb on your tongue with a very dry finish, The palate is perfect for savoring a hopbomb. This is killer.

Lashton529 (7) - - JUN 8, 2012 does not count
Poured from a bottle. Sweet aroma. Light orange color. Delicious pale ale. A little hoppier than I expected but that makes Troegs, Troegs. An excellent choice.

acearl (510) - The Ham, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 8, 2012
12 oz bottle, clear golden hue with creamy white lasting head, pineapple aroma, some pine, medium body moderate carbonation, crisp lemon finish per dry-hopping, alcohol is well hidden but could creep on you, nothing overwhelming but very drinkable

tcane7 (1674) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 4, 2012
From a firkin at Johnny Brenda. Pours light amber with light fluffy head. Aroma is citrus, pineapple, floral, pine and sweet caramel malt. Taste is tropical fruit and delicious pine. Great hop bitterness. Very fresh

DiarmaidBHK (4783) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 10, 2012
Bottle from Weis Lewisburg. Pours orange with a thick white head which leaves a lot of lacing. Big pine sol on the nose. Lots of bitterness up front but it fades as the beer warms. There’s a bit of citrus flavor on the finish. It’s a bit of a hop bomb which is fine if I’m in the mood for it.

TheHopster (1111) - Netcong, New Jersey, USA - MAY 5, 2012
(22oz bottle) Very light lemon malt aroma. The appearance is golden-yellow with persistent white head and lacing. Hop & malt balanced flavors with light lemon. Good palate. Definitely not an India Pale Ale, but appropriately described as an Imperial Pale Ale. Elevated alcohol is well hidden.

mabel (9246) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 25, 2012
[4344-20120323] 1pt6floz bottle. Hoppy lemon pips and orange spices aroma. Slightly hazy, orange body with a long-lasting creamy off-white head. Bitter papery lemon pip hops continues in the flavour with a light bitter wood finish. Medium body is fairly bitter. Tasty and interesting. (8/4+/8-/4/16) 4.0
(w/ jerc)

Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - APR 13, 2012
In short: An uber-clean, soft and slender blonde fruity IPA. Very good and easy to drink
How: Bottle 22oz. Consumed fresh a few weeks after purchase. Bottle forwarded to me by blankboy, thanks a lot Paul
The look: Clear blonde body topped by a large white head with medium retention
In long: Nose has a nice mix of fresh fruits (mangos, lemon, pineapples, bananas) and freshly baked white bread. This is not an intense nose but it showcases a pleasant freshness. Taste offers a slender body with fresh white bread with a medium sweetness. I like slender bodies in IPAs but with a Double IPA the alcohol is often apparent, as it is the case here. Then I got pleasant fruity hops with a focus on tropical fruits, bananas and lemon. The bitterness is far from aggressive and I would have described the finish as smooth if it wasn’t for the alcohol bite at the end. This is a well balanced beer (NOT a hop-bomb). This is a very nice beer, I loved the malt bill and I loved the hop bill but I wish it was a 5% IPA and not a 8% IIPA. This type of slender body and soft fruity hopping is a lot more appropriate in a more delicate IPA with less sugars and alcohol. Still, I really enjoyed it. Very good, I could perpetually drink this Perpetual IPA, and not only can I drink superhuman quantity of beer every day, but I can also open my beer bottles using the power of my mind, which controls my arms.