overall
RATINGS: 715   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74/5   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
At Tröegs, artisanal meets mechanical in a state of IPA we call Perpetual. Cycling through our HopBack vessel and dry-hopping method, this bold Imperial Pale Ale emerges rife with sticky citrus rind, pine balm and tropical fruit.

dnstone's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 16/20
dnstone (3460) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - NOV 23, 2012
Pours quite clear-golden in color with a nice sudsy, pure-white head. Sharp pine-citrus hop aroma. A drier taste, leaves you thirsting for more; light bodied but hop heavy with some light earthy tones.

hbiermann (6) - - SEP 20, 2017 does not count
I really like this. It sort of has a dry finish. It's not super fruity, but it is super hoppy. Nice straw/golden color with pretty lacing. Would drink again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

kenter2000 (75) - , Wisconsin, USA - SEP 9, 2017
It's a little too sweet. reasonable palate, nice initial taste. I like the way the aluminum can feels in my hand. I'm playing star craft, the remastered version. It has been many years yet I remember every upgrade, every Terran army voice, and the clicks are satisfying and familiar. But like trying to play with old toys the giddy joy I felt for the game as a kid is not there. It's just another nostalgic unreasonable attempt. the beer is good but that sweetness makes me feel I wasted my one evening beer.

GlennHendry (487) - OSHAWA, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 9, 2017
Pine and spices on the nose. The taste is all west coast, with pine and citrus dominant. Smooth as silk

sleepingsuns (7) - - SEP 4, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: SEP 4, 2017 Citrusy and resin filled. Very sticky texture. Honestly tastes like I just got done smoking a fresh bong, subbing citrus in place of smoke. I like it a lot.

zutote (9) - - AUG 30, 2017 does not count
Nice imperial...hardly taste it. Nice and smooth. Bit of a bud light aroma, but taste is excellent. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Grumbo (3482) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - AUG 29, 2017
Bottle in New York. Pours clear amber with a small off-white head. Aroma of tropical fruit, caramel, pine, hop and citrus. Moderate sweetness and medium bitterness. Medium body, slight oily texture, average carbonation.

chinchill (5175) - South Carolina, USA - AUG 19, 2017
12 oz bottle from NC. Pours with an amber body that is topped with an excellent, durable white head. Dank and fruity hoppy aroma and flavor. The flavor is more bold and dank than the aroma. Medium body and carbonation; Dry. Mostly hidden alcohol.

AWISLguy (3242) - Wisconsin, USA - AUG 6, 2017
12oz bottle from Premier Gourmet, shared with PracticePlastic. No bottle date. IPA pour with nice lacing. Citrus & pine with sweet and bready malts. Fairly dank and bittersweet. Medium bodied, and the blend is ok, but really no better. I question the bottle date.. More bitter than bittersweet finish. Solid. Nicely dank. 13.6

AGALE (8) - Frackville, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 4, 2017 does not count
On tap at Troeg’s, Appearance-straw/golden, hazy, minimal head. Citrus pine aroma and I seemed to get some kind of berry. Taste pine resin and citrus up front, followed by some tropical fruity notes. Sticky texture, and fizzy carbonation. Sweet malt mid-palate, finishes with medium hop bitterness. In my opinion, the best Ale I had that night!

rosskyle (744) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 3, 2017
Served on tap at PNC park. Hazy orange color with a white head. Citrus hops aroma. Citrus zest up front with a bitter hops finish. Medium body. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone