overall
RATINGS: 1111   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
The combination of Cherries, Honey, and Chocolate Malts delivers gentle fruits and subtle spices. Fermented and aged with a unique yeast , this ruby red beer has significant warming strength that underlies the character of this Ale.

warrior (213) - Mt. Wolf, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 2, 2003
Very fruity aroma, head disipates fast. Ruby color that was very clear. Complex fruity flavors that was followed quickly by the alcohol warmth. Lightly carbonated as are some higher alcohol beers. Not a bad beer but I was disappointed in that I was expecting more full flavor for the style.

gfb108 (4) - USA - NOV 2, 2003 does not count
Funny that the previous post talked about this beer reminding a lof of Victory's V-10 (Early Days). I was going to say the exact same thing but there are some things lacking in this beer. Specifically, head retention.

Beautiful ruby, tawny-color in the glass--however the head doesn't stand up for more than a minute. I'm disappointed this is an 11% beer and it's not even bottle conditioned.
While I respect the hard work and class this brewery demonstrates, this like their other beers are not quite where they need to be. Potential yes, Troegs needs to keep brewing and getting better. Best bet: Oatmeal Stout.

urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - NOV 1, 2003
In my humble opinion, Troegs' first failure. Reminds me of Victory 10 (or was it 12?). Cherry cough medicine quality, thin, boozy, but looks great. Not a lot of complexity. Maybe it is simply too young.

jeffc666 (1984) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - NOV 1, 2003
(2003 Bottle) - Gorgeous clear ruby color with a small tan head and very nice lacing. Big sour cherry aroma with a spicy complexity. Flavor is sweet (honey?) with some sour cherry notes. Big syrupy body and a tingling alcohol finish. A very nice beer, sort of like a Belgian Trippel with some cherry flavors.

lmb1958 (3) - USA - MAR 30, 2003 does not count
This is one of the best beers every made. A nice cherry flavor but not overwhelming. A great belgium style beer; I just wish they would bottle it, right now it is seasonal and only on tap.

AcctError4310 (32) - USA - JAN 16, 2003
This was served in small tasting glass at my local pub. It was red in color with a little pink head, nice fruity taste and warm alcohol feeling.

Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 11, 2003
This was one of the few spice beers that I enjoyed. Something different and something worth a try.

JFGrind (2072) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 4, 2003
Fruity, yeasty aftertaste makes this holiday ale complex, but a bit much for my personal taste.